Tides Folly Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
John Rutledge House Inn(Charleston)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Wentworth Mansion(Charleston)
1,427 results
All reviewsblu restaurantocean frontoutdoor barsmall balconyheated poolrestaurants and shopscharleston areathe location is perfectoff seasonsouth carolinasouthern hospitalitybeach accessoceanfront roombeachypets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After traveling to the Coast during hurricane Sandy, the staff at the Tides was very accommodating and friendly. The view of the local pier is outstanding, the area was peaceful and well maintained. Your just a walk away from some great seafood. The restaurant at the hotel, Blu, provides great food, a great view of the ocean, fire pits to make it cozy and a cool after hours party..;) While the rooms may appear dated, they are well maintained and have an awesome view from the balcony of the eastern horizon... only a short easy ride to downtown Charleston. We will definitely come back. Enjoy.

Room Tip: "Upper rooms offer a great view"
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Tides Folly Beach and for contributing such an outstanding endorsement of our hotel and restaurant! Thank you for your compliments of our staff and our facilities. A renovation project is scheduled for January. We look forward to your next visit as well as your next review when you see that the rooms are updated with new flooring, upgraded bathrooms and much more!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

First the good things. It is right on the beach and has a great view of the ocean. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Now the bad. We like to have the window open and listen to the waves. The unfortunate thing is that they allow smoking on the balcony and if you have smokers around you, the smoke comes right into your room. For this reason we would not stay here again. The door jam to the room was rusted and needed repair. The rest of the room was good.

Room Tip: Try and see if they will separate you from the smokers.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at Tides Folly Beach on your recent vacation to the Lowcountry! Thank you also for you compliments of our staff. We are exceedingly grateful that you enjoyed your room and your view during your stay.

We do ask all of our guests to be courteous of their neighbors when it comes to smoking so that everyone may enjoy their balcony, view, and fresh ocean air during their vacation. It is our hope that we will earn the opportunity to serve the author of this review again on future visits and will work diligently to place everyone in rooms where smoke from other balconies will not be an issue.

I encourage the author of this review to contact me directly with any future comments, concerns or special requests that will make their next visit to Folly Beach memorable and, hopefully, smoke free!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Well, for just having a remodel, I was expecting a great experience, but the room had peeling paint, loud a/c unit, horribly uncomfortable beds. The pool was very dirty and birds and bird poop everywhere. However the front desk clerk was very sweet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

At Tides Folly Beach it is our goal to be Charleston’s premier, full service oceanfront hotel. We strive to provide immaculate, well-maintained facilities and set the standard for service excellence. We are committed to providing an outstanding, oceanfront beach vacation for all our guests.

Regretfully, we have clearly fallen short of this commitment in the eyes of the author of this review. While you never get a second chance at a first impression, we would very much appreciate a solid second chance. I encourage the author of this review to contact me directly so we can make arrangements for another stay with us in the future. Expect even more the next time and I promise we will deliver!

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Staff was more than friendly the second you walked in, very accommodating. Very clean rooms, perfect view of the ocean, great bar/restaurant. We will definitely be back! It's in a great location, you can walk to the local restaurants and bars, the atmosphere is great in this town. Only took 25 min with traffic to downtown Charleston.

• Stayed: October 2012

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for your compliments of our staff, your room and our restaurant! It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to your next visit to Folly Beach!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have been using Trip Advisor for what seems like a decade in traveling to Thailand, Japan, Europe, and all throughout the US. I have stayed at Tides on business trips to Charleston since it was a run down Holiday Inn, a newly rennovated Holiday Inn, and the Tides. I have stayed there through each of its various reformations. I just called to reserve a room starting tomorrow, Sunday Oct 28. Since I'm going to be in Charleston on a business project, I don't know whether I need to check out on Thursday or Friday. I typically reserve online, but because of my checkout uncertainty, I asked if I could be granted flexibility. I asked to reserve a room with a checkout on Thursday, but if I needed to stay over through Friday morning (and they do have rooms for the extra day) to not have to change rooms for the one day. I was told "no." I asked if this meant I needed to just stay at the Historica Embassy Suites where I've usually stayed over the past ten years of doing business in Charleston, and the woman handling reservation said "yes" and hung up on me. Wow!

I should have been writing my rave reviews about the Embassy Suites in Historic Charleston because this hotel is the absolute best. The Hampton across the street is pretty awesome as well. I've stayed in B&Bs which cannot compare to the Embassy Suites and the Hampton which are near the Vistior's Center in the Historic District. I would recommend these two properties to anyone at any time. They are the very best.

I merely wanted to stay on the beach during this business trip, but due to some jerk on the phone, I guess I'll be enjoying myself at two of my favorite Charleston hotels.

Room Tip: Awful customer service.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank EthnicFoodJunkie

Initially I was equal parts upset and confused by this review. On the day of this call, we did not have a woman on property answering phone calls and, even if we did, they never would have hung up on a guest! Unfortunately, my attempts to contact the author of this review in order to ascertain the specifics of this phone call have gone unanswered.

The vast majority of our reservations are taken in house. We have an agreement with a reservations call center based elsewhere that handles our overflow as a last resort. Upon investigation, I was able to determine that the phone call in question was taken by the off property call center. The issue has been discussed with the director of that call center and appropriate action was taken to ensure this sort of service is NEVER encountered by future callers.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you encountered. It is our hope that the author of this review will call again and have the opportunity to speak with one of our very friendly and accommodating in-house Reservations Specialists.