WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Florence
Bel Air, MD
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Spent a night here while traveling to Georgia. Our stay was on a Saturday evening and the hotel was pretty busy. It is a little outdated and definitely not the nicest Sleep Inn that we've stayed at. Breakfast was good in the morning--no big complaints there. Overall, it was fine.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pinellas Park, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I almost always try to find a Sleep Inn when we travel...good beds, clean, and decent expanded breakfast, and very affordable. We are Choice Privileges members, so there is always some benefit. This particular one scared us when we looked at the reviews, but I am happy to say it did not disappoint! We were in the second building, new wing, and I am pretty sure that was the difference. Spacious with all of the above positives. We will make that our halfway stop to D.C. from now on. The theft review was a good heads-up, but we never leave valuables in any room and we always leave the TV on loud enough to be courteous, yet heard from the door.

Room Tip: Make sure to request the second building, new wing...I think that was the difference.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stopped to spend the night on the drive from Illinois to Myrtle Beach SC. Check in was a breeze and there was fresh baked cookies in the reception area. Weird smell in the halls probably from old carpet. Showers were old and outdated but hey, all I needed was a good nights sleep before resuming my drive. Complimentary breakfast in the reception area in the morning. All I needed was coffee, fruit, and oatmeal.

Room Tip: Don't expect 5 stars.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rick L
Pearl River, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have stayed here on a few occasions with my parents, my grandmother and great-aunt when we traveled to Florida to visit my aunt. The last time I've been to this hotel was in 2004 when I came down to pick up my grandmother and great-aunt. It was still as lovely as it was the visits the year or two before. However, here we are ten years later, and I'm shocked at the condition of the hotel. Not only does the carpet need to be cleaned in the corners because you could see a white dust line along the edges of the room, the carpet needs to be replaced in the hallways. The bathroom (shower/toilet area) needs a MAJOR upgrade and they should have left the nice light wood wall units in the rooms. It made more sense. The dark Bohemian style furniture with the original dark navy carpet with gold print on it makes the room look extremely dark, unwelcoming and frankly dirty. I am totally disappointed with this hotel. The entire hotel should have a complete face-lift to restore it to its original beauty. As I said, this visit was disappointing. I would NOT recommend it to anyone and I am shocked and surprised of the Sleep Inn brand of Choice Hotels. Choice needs to give this hotel the upgrade it needs considering its perfect location off I-95.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ed K

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This is a decent hotel for just a sleep over during a long trip.

Affordable room rate too.

Location is not the greatest.

Continental breakfast does not have to many selections but it was okay just to put something in your stomach for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Spent one night here on our way back from Washington. Left the room for 15 minutes to go have breakfast. Came back and IPhone and all my cash was gone. $ 380. Shouldn't have left belongings in the room but trusted room service. The lady who cleaned the rooms was two doors up from us and saw us leave the room. It was the perfect opportunity. I hate to narrow it down this way but I had a key, and SHE had a key...that pretty much says it all. I called the manager of the hotel and she was very apologetic and felt terrible. It is not her fault. It is mine for leaving my valuables in the room and trusting their staff. Just be careful !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank smokymtman80
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is your basic off-the-interstate hotel. It has an efficient staff, satisfactory bedding, some conveniences, and a quick breakfast. It is not plush, but a perfect location when you are just driving and need a place for the night.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ask for the first floor since they do not have an elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends