“Nice but Needs Updating”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have stayed at this location every year since 2004, when it was new. NOT one thing has changed in decor since my first stay. It's well maintained, clean and friendly staff. Just needs a little TLC. (room did have a bit of damp smell) I was not happy with the pricing, I was told one price but my credit card was billed and additional $10. when I questioned it, I was told the price I was given was before taxes. That was a let down. I should of been told full cost including all taxes at check in. Overall safe, good parking, clean and includes breakfast. So good value for the price.

Room Tip: Clean and fairly priced, but not updated. If your staying one night its fine, but might be cramped f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

If you are just needing a nights sleep and moving on. This hotel would do. If you have difficulty lifting your bags, be aware they have no elevator. So either request a ground floor or another hotel.
The room is only equipped with a shower and small bathroom. The walls are thin so you can hear everything. Take note, if you follow my reviews I don't normally complain about thin walls. But I heard everyone walking down the hall. Breakfast was nothing great and the room is very small so don't be surprised if you have trouble finding a place to sit.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This spot is excellent for going to vero beach from nj. Just past the half way point. Good service and good staff. Beds very comfortable and very clean. I recommend this motel and will be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank rritacco1
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel need renovation. Apparently the vacuum cleaner heads do not get to the wall and the room perimeters are very dusty. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The breakfast is limited and mediocre, We ate breakfast at 8 am and there were 2 boiled eggs left, only 1 remaining piece of fruit, and only a few tea bag that were decaf. 'As we ate our own gf peanut butter sandwich and drank coffee, none of these things were replenished, We really had a great sleep inn in midlothian va so we were very disappointed in this one. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: It is not terrible so if you need a room then stay here but if you have options, find another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rita W
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick 1 night rest break from traveling. The property and rooms are standard for Sleep Inn and the staff at front desk were quick at check in even though it was pretty busy when we got there and were friendly the whole time. We left early the next morning so we didn't get to try the breakfast but the hotel is right off of the interstate with several restaurants around and a Shoneys practically in the same parking lot. Good stop for the tired travelers.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BigDinNC
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Checking into the Sleep Inn as we entered the lobby there was a strong smoke oder. Apparently, there are two smoking halls and the smoke was getting out of a room(s) that was offensive. A person suggested the smoke was from 'left handed cigarettes' and that happens from time to time.
In addition, we feel the level of cleanliness could be brought up somewhat.
Not a place we will return.

Room Tip: We would not recommend this hotel to our friends.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Brian S
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I found this motel to be over-priced and in need of updating. The breakfast was sparse and mediocre. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The wifi and the TV worked. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business