“Good Room, Good Price”

Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Boonsboro, Maryland
“Good Room, Good Price”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We used this Sleep Inn as a half way point when we traveled from Maryland to Orlando, Florida last week. We stopped on the way down and back. I registered as a Choice Member online (it's quick and free) and was able to book a cheap room $67 including tax. The service checking in was friendly and quick due to my online reservation. The room was good, quiet and just as requested. We all enjoyed the round, enclosed shower which had great water pressure. The free breakfast was good, plenty to choose from. Noticed a few small, minor things like paint needing some touch ups and some visible fix it caulk but I feel like that is pretty normal. Too cold for the pool but it seemed okay. Would stay here again and recommned to others. 1 minute off of I95 but back off road so it is quiet. Plenty of food choices-loved Fatz!

Room Tip: Request a 2nd floor room to cut down on any possible noise above.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I made a reservation on line at Choice Hotels, when I arrived the desk clerk had all my information and I received my room quickly. I have learned to check out the room prior to carrying in my luggage, so I went immedicately to the room. As requested I had a king rooom, ground floor with refrigerator and microwave. Upon entering the room I was pleasantly surprised at how large the room was. Usually at Sleep Inns the rooms are very compact but full of ammenities. This room was larger than the others I have stayed at. The bed was clean and comforatble, there was a desk area so that I could work on line with my computer and there was a large flat screen TV. As requested there was also a microwave oven and refrigerator built into the desk and TV stand. There as a coffee maker with pot, not the single cup type. The shower was large and had acceptable water pressure. I have stayed at so many places where the water pressure in the shower is barely a trickle and hard to rinse the soap off. The WiFi internet worked very well and I was able to complete my work without the use of my Jet Pack from Verizon. I have encountered so many poor WiFi connections that I have learned to have a back up. I have to praise the hotel staff for being so accomodating and friendly. This is surely a place where I would definitely stay again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: I always ask for a ground floor room since so many hotels do not have elevators and carrying luggage...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my way to Florida. The room was clean except for the sink area where the faucet had finger prints on it and there were hairs (looked like from someone shaving at the sink) by the item that held the shampoo/conditioner/soap the hotel provides. There was dust on the ledge by the sink as well. I could see it which is why I mention it. The fire sprinkler in the bathroom looked like it was hanging. It wasn't flush with the ceiling.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank twocats8paws
Michigan
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stay here about once a year.
Location is good (very close to I95, but not close enough to hear traffic).
This is fairly clean hotel. I have not had any issues.
As mentioned before, they do add $1.50 for the safe. Try to tell them at check in that you will not use the safe, and hopefully it won't be a hassle at check out.
As with most Sleep Inns I've encountered, they windows to open to the outside.
There is no elevator in this hotel, which can be an issue to some.
Good wifi strength, but download speeds were slow.
One negative was that there were no liners in the trash cans in the room, which does not seem a good idea to me.
I did not eat the breakfast, so I cannot comment.
There are lots of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stay in Florence quite often and this is by far this is the nicest hotel. For the price you will never find a better value. The rooms are clean and sport new flat screen TVs. The breakfast is great and the staff is really friendly. I reccomend this hotel to all.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank RogerF6893
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotels seems like it has undergone renovation recently. I stayed here one night during december 2012 and the rooms seem brand new. The furniture was new, the carpet was new, and there were new flat screen tv's. I was not expecting all this for my quick overnight stay but I was truly impressed and had to leave a review. The room was very clean and so was the lobby area. The bathroom had a walk in shower. There was a large pool which I did not make use of but looked good for summer stays. The hotel location is great, it is half a mile off the I-95 and there is plenty of eatery near the hotel. There is a 24 hour subway and taco bell walking distance to the hotel. This was a major plus. I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND this hotel to travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sean J
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We were on our way North from Orlando. The clerks at the front desk were not too socialble at check in nor check out. We stayed at Sleep Inns previously and this one is typical. All corridors are interior so it is conditioned & secured. We arrived at 5:00 PM, the front door to the lobby was opened only if the clerk buzzed you in, do not know if it is locked all the time. A good security measure. It appears that this place was remodeled recently. The furniture & carpet appered recent. We had a non smoking king room near a side door (convenient to the ice & vending machines and to the car. The room had a nice desk with an office chair, a refrigerator, microwave and a large chair; it was clean and roomy enough for our one night stay. The toilet & shower were in a separate room. The shower stall was a one piece unit with a shelf, compact but nice. The sink was in the main room. The desk had receptacles for a laptop, cell phone charger, etc at desk level so it was convenient. The lighting was very good. There is a room safe and the charge is $1.50. It is a waste if not used. We used points so it did not matter. There are plenty of restaurants within 1/2 mile. Cracker Barrel is 2 blocks away. The free breakfast had sausage patties, DIY waffles, yogurt, cold cereal, biscuits with gravy, hard boiled eggs, assorted danishes, juices & coffee. All in all a good value for $70.

Room Tip: The building has 2 floors & NO elevator. The building is long so pick a room near one of the 2...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple