“Great stay”

Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on our NY to FL trip. Love Red Roof Inns pet friendliness. Room was newly renovated, clean, and comfortable king size bed was very comfortable, nice flat screen TV. Wireless worked well. Shopping and restaurants in the area. Definitely on our stop here again list.

• Stayed: October 2013
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. We appreciate guest feedback, and look forward to see you on your next visit to Florence.

Red Roof Inn Florence,SC

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was a very nice place to stay on our way to Myrtle Beach. It had been newly remodeled and looked great. the price was very good and the staff so nice. We will stay here again on our way back to Myrtle Beach next year!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. I am glad that you found accommodation at this location a great addition to your trip. We are located 60 miles from Myrtle Beach and look forward to your next visit. Thank you again!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had an overall positive experience. Unlike some of the other Red Roofs I have stayed at this one has been updated recently and was clean. The folks at the front desk were accommodating. The Internet was reasonably fast and everything in the worked as it should.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Engageinlife
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I always check hotel room beds before getting in them, and these beds had hairs on both beds on the pillows. There weren't any under the sheets but still it was disgusting. There were hairs around the entire border in the bathroom as well. The room has no extra amenities, such as microwave, fridge, or coffee maker. The hotel is located conveniently to the mall and interstate and civic center and was reasonably priced, but I'm not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

I would like to apologize about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. I thank you for your comments, and action will be taken immediately with housekeeping to improve the quality of all guest rooms. We do have superior king rooms that have the microfridge and coffee maker as well as the deluxe double that have a microfridge. We recently added irons, ironing boards, and hairdryers to our superior king rooms also. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have been travelling the I-95 corridor for years. Red Roof in Florence SC has been a great stop. I was always trained that "nothing is perfect". Therefore the Very Good rating. Staff and Management has always been accommodating. The updated hotel is sooo nice.
Ms Sally

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MnMpups
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your response regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've stayed here twice on the DC-Tampa route, once in November '12, and again in August '13. Had an excellent experience both times, and recommend this motel as an overnight stop, with just a few caveats. First, the good:

Check-in was fast and easy; I had booked a "superior" room via the AAA website. The superior rooms seem to be in a rear building, perpendicular with the main one. They gave me a first floor this time, which made getting luggage into the room very easy. It is also nice to park right outside your door if you have a car full of valuables. The room was as before: spacious, comfortable, and clean. The king bed has a good mattress and bedding, lots of pillows, and the A/C-heat could be set to the exact temp you want. Bathroom is small, but shower is excellent, with separate sink and large countertop outside. I especially like the work-desk and office chair for checking email, etc. Wi-fi was easy, and a fairly good connection. Flatscreen TV worked fine, and fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker are pleasant amenities. The room smelled great.

Downsides are minor, and include a slight difficulty in locating the place. It is very close to I-95, but you need to make a slight dog-leg to get there. It's not that hard, and you can also use Google Street View to scope it out beforehand. Slightly harder after dark, especially for a first timer. Getting back onto 95 is a cinch. There is also NO breakfast of any kind (your in-room coffeemaker and free lobby coffee notwithstanding), but at these rates, it's cheaper to just stop at a nearby cafe, or fast food place. There are quite a few choices. They also tack a $1.50 "safe charge" onto your bill, which they removed upon request (just don't touch the safe).

All in all, this seems like a reasonably safe area, commercially saturated, with restaurants and stores everywhere you look. There's a large shopping mall across the main street (Route 20). Walking anywhere is a bit tough, but it's a short drive to anything. However, there is a gas station with large convenience store about 75 feet away, handy for drinks, snacks, and packaged food. The Inn is pet-friendly, and you see people walking their dogs, but I did not hear any barking or other noises either time I stayed.

Although an identical room at the Red Roof cost 32% more in August than the previous November ($70 vs. $53), I still feel like this is one of the best overnight bargains at an I-95 mid-point. For a quiet and comfortable night's sleep at a below-market-rate price, this is a winner.

Room Tip: "Superior" rooms are definitely superior. Ask for ground floor if you have lots of luggage...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MrNuz
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. I appreciate guest feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Thank you again!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Right price for a clean convenient place. Convenient from the highway and convenient to many, many restaurants and stores. Bed was very comfortable. AC worked great. We would definitely stay again. This is the right place to stop, coming from CT going to central FL. it is further than the 1/2 way point, which we wanted to be so we had a shorter 2nd day drive to get to our destination.
I didnt get ANY kind of feeling of a "sketchy" area at all. all people we encountered were pleasant. Also, the previous review regarding a cigarette smell I believe could be misinterpreted. The rooms were very recently renovated and to me it seems more like the rubber smell you get from new carpet installation. I have had to recarpet my work's office, so I am familiar with that and my office had the same smell for a little while. It really isnt worth mentioning, but I guess some people have hyper sensitive smelling senses. A bonus to this hotel is they accept pets.

Room Tip: we found convenience in the ground level room so we can park right outside our room and not have to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deanna H
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.

Sincerely.