“Nicely Updated Rooms”

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Boone, NC
“Nicely Updated Rooms”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This Red Roof Inn, like most of them we've seen, was a two-story building with outside room entry. We like the fact that Red Roof Inns don't charge an extra fee for our pets. There was an AKC Dog Show the weekend we stayed, so there were all breeds of dogs around in the mornings and evenings. But we never heard any barking or whining while we were in our room. There are small areas of grass for dog walking around all of the parking areas, and a large empty lot on the left side of the back building.

We were on the second floor, in a "Superior King" room, which meant we paid a little extra for a fridge, microwave, and a tiny coffee maker. The room was very nicely decorated, everything looked fresh and clean. The carpet was a textured brown, smart for a pet friendly hotel! The front desk person said the motel had been renovated about a year ago. The flat screen TV worked well, the AC unit was quiet and soothing, and the blackout curtains did as good as they could, considering there was a porch light right outside the door. The shower head was high with good water pressure. The wifi signal in room 219 was very good. The bed was comfortable with four good pillows.

This Red Roof Inn does not offer breakfast, just coffee in the lobby, but there is a Waffle House next door that serves diner-type breakfasts. I had some good scrambled eggs and oatmeal with fruit, and my husband said his grilled biscuits and gravy were good. The service was very fast.

Unfortunately, there were a couple of odd occurrences while we were there. Our room was not cleaned on Saturday at all. No new towels, the coffee wasn't replenished, nothing. The front desk person did genuinely apologize when she found out the next morning. It was not a big problem for us. But the other... My husband was approached by a man who appeared to be staying at the motel. After talking for a couple of minutes, the man asked him for enough money to buy three gallons of gas (the motel is also next to a gas station). So my husband knew he was being scammed and said he had to go to his room. When he had walked about 30 feet away, policemen surrounded the man, arrested him, and led him away. Should that make us feel less or more secure? You decide for yourself. Bravo to the police!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence, SC. I am pleased that your accommodation were to your satisfaction. I am sorry about the events that occurred while you were visiting, and would like to let you know that measures will be taken to ensure that this never happens again. We look forward to your next visit.

Red Roof Inn Florence, SC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Ok Bluffs
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice stop with pet. Room great on 1st floor. Quiet in the back building. Bathroom new and only complaint is that shower curtain is TOO short, flooding the floor. No breakfast or coffee in room, but excellent choice of places very nearby. Only $68/ night for the 2 queen bed room. Highly recommended. Parking lot well-lit for security and dog walking. Very comfy beds too.

Room Tip: No restaurant. But many very close.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you found our pet friendly hotel to your convenience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Red Roof Inn Florence, SC
Mechanicsville
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I just read another review where the check in person was super nice. I can't say that about mine. We arrived at 8:35PM. I asked if there was something on the first floor and was told emphatically no. I don't believe they were completely booked on a Thursday in April. I had my confirmation which stated my price as $71.10 but she told me $72.60. I asked about the difference and she took a pen, tapped really hard on the safe deposit charge to show it was there and it would be taken off at checkout.
She then proceeded to circle three places to initial and one to sign. She never smiled.
We were put on the rear of the 2nd building. I drove around to find the room and being we were in room 236 I figured we would be right above 136. So I parked the car and got out to get our stuff to take in when I saw a gentleman come out of what I thought was our room. I went up to check but he came out of room 240 and our room was two doors down.
The room was supposed to be non smoking but it had a musty smell to it.
I turned on the air conditioner to try and get rid of the smell. My wife said she could smell the bleach in the sheets and it almost gave her a headache.
We had two bath towels which were both small and rough. This motel obviously did not get the rooms prepared to deserve an A plus rating as the advertisements I had been bombarded with on the internet stated.
the one reason I rated this a 2 was the check out girl in the morning was very friendly and concerned about our experience. She deducted $15.00 from the bill plus another $1.80 for the tax and the deposit.
this was my first experience with Red Roof Inns and in all honesty will be my last.

Room Tip: was not given an opportunity to select a room and only stayed in one so cannot offer a tip
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I apologize for your experience at the Red Roof Inn Florence.. This is not the experience that we want our guests to go away after staying with us. I have spoken with that GSR and the corrected measures have been taken to ensure that this never happens again. Again I would like to apologize and thank you for your comments.

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The staff is friendly as always. The rooms are a good size and clean, recently renovated, the beds comfy and the price very fair. The only thing I was surprised about that one of the staff disclosed that she is afraid of dogs. I find that very strange, since all Red Roof Inns are pet-friendly. Our dog travels with us everywhere and loves the RRI's for the pet friendly service.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade Superior King room - it is worth it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am pleased to know that we were able to accomodate you and your pet here at Red Roof Inn Florence. Thank you again,and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

The woman at the res. desk was super nice - we had a superior king room booked in the 2nd floor, and we were dead tired, so she happily switched us to a handicapped room for the evening - it was already 11 pm, and they had two more special needs rooms open in case someone needed one. Clean room, two sets of towels for two people, comfy bed, quiet room, nothing sketchy. Right by a Waffle House and a Chilis.
Easy access from I-95 - staff, including cleaning staff, was very friendly. The outdoor and indoor of the property was very clean and well kept. I couldn't have asked for more for $69. Oh, and free Wi-Fi!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am pleased to know that we were able to accomodate you. I hope to serve you again on your future travels to our area.

New Hampshire
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Typical Red Roof good value for the traveler with a dog. Facility fairly Spartan, but the room was fresh and clean. Walking distance to several chain restaurants and shopping. Easy access from highway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rjretnaNH
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Red Roof Inn Florence
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this inn. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The rooms were very clean. The staff was helpful in giving directions for activities and events in the surrounding area.Whenever I needed additional assistance, they were very willing to helpI would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. We are glad that we had the opportunity to enhance your stay at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next stop in Florence,SC.