“Clean and Comfortable Motel”

Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed for the first time at the Red Roof Inn in Florence SC as I headed north from Florida in Dec 2011. I liked it so much that I stayed there again during my return trip in Feb 2012.

Red Roof Inns are not fancy, but neither are their prices. This one was wonderfully clean throughout: walls, bed, dresser, desk, and bathroom. All of the room's furnishings worked fine and were up-to-date: nothing outmoded was in the room.

The motel was quiet; I did not lose any sleep due to noise made by other guests or any other reason.

The front desk staff were highly efficient. I checked-in and out in a few moments (I had booked online). They will charge you for the motel safe, though ($1.50). I asked them to remove the charge, which they did promptly and cheerfully.

I paid $42.99 plus taxes on a Saturday night (Feb 2012) using their website. Upon arrival, their electronic price sign showed $59.99, so of course try to book ahead and online whenever possible.

There are, however, a few minor things lacking: no in-room coffee, no continental breakfast, and no community computer workstation.

Many restaurants are very close to Red Roof, Florence SC, as well as many types of stores. There's a Barnes and Noble across the street.

I thought my stays at Red Roof Inn in Florence SC were great and a good buy.

SirDavid

Room Tip: I was on the top floor (always my preference), which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 16, 2012

We had stayed here quite awhile ago while visiting family. Nothing fancy but clean. We just returned from another trip and were very disappointed. We had requested a non smoking room. Our room reeked of smoke. It stated on the door that it was nonsmoking. We arrived at 1 am so waited until the next morning to request another room. They said non were available. We decided to stay because of the price of the room and we were not going to be in it except to sleep. The room was clean and it is convenient to many restaurants and the mall. If you don't mind smoke when you request a non smoking room this is not a bad choice but we will not stay here again if we can't trust the non smoking rules. They should charge the occupants if housekeeping can tell someone has been smoking in a non smoking room. Now I have to go dry clean my coat and clothes to get the smell out.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jbyrd
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

I would like to apologize that your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence was not to your satisfaction. I appreciate your comments regarding the non smoking rooms and will address this issue with my staff immediately.

Thank you.

Red Roof Florence

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Red Roof Florence is in a fabulous location across from a mall and restaurants. The hotel is reasonably priced and clean. It is pet friendly. The only problem is that it has the bare essentials. There is no hair dryer or even tissues. It is great for a stopover between Philadelphia and South Florida. I would stay here again but bring my hairdryer and tissues.

It also does not have connecting rooms. We were traveling with my 90 yo mother and requested connecting rooms but when we got there they informed us there were no connecting rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2012

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Florence Civic Center Red Roof. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.
Red Roof Inn Florence,SC

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I booked this hotel weeks in advance as part of travel from NY to Florida. Unforunately,there are no La Quinta Inns near I-95 between Richmond and Savannah, my choice of hotel when traveling with my pet dog. Considering the cost of the Red Roof Inn, I hoped to have a small refrigerator in the room. Most hotels offer one now...or so I thought. I was directed to the other building away from the office. I'm glad it was just a one night stay. The room was shabby, to say the least. Although WI-FI was offered, I was unable to get a connection. There was no coffee maker in the room, no refrigerator or microwave, and no breakfast...all the amenities that La Quinta offers, and for the same price. Next time I'll drive the additional distance to Savannah.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank aquablue
Tia S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence. We always appreciate guest feedback for future improvements. We currently do have some rooms that have microwaves, refrigerators, and in room coffee. Once again that you for your comments.

Red Roof Inn Florence

Reviewed December 29, 2011

This property was clean, quite and the staff was very friendly. We were traveling with our dog and the hotel provided a walk area and pick-up bags. The walk area was clean and the staff was very friendly towards are little girl.

I would recommend this hotel.

The only draw back was its location from the street. There is no signage on how to get to the actual hotel. There is a little road right in front of the gas station that you must take to get to the hotel entrace. I suggest arriving during the day light hours if this will be your first time stopping here. Otherwise, it is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room if its available. They are more quite.
Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is a well run Red Roof Inn, The smoke-free room was clean and fresh. Lots of grassy area to walk the dog. Excellent stop directly off of I-95.

Reviewed December 24, 2011

We reserved and confirmed at check-in a no smoking room. The room smelled like 4 smokers had spent a week in it. After a 9-hour drive we were in no mood to change rooms, especially if this one was considered "no smoking". Never again.

Room Tip: Check the room before you unload the car.
1  Thank ruth f
Tia S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2011

I would like to apologize that your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence was not to your satisfaction. I appreciate your comments regarding non smoking rooms and will address this issue immediatley.

Thank you.