“Quality for less!”

Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Quality for less!”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

On our way home from visiting my parents in fl. My husband and I decided we should stop earlier than planned, was headed to pull over in smithfield nc, so I started doing my research of reviews on hotels ...Florence having many choices made the price and reviews valuable for choosing the red roof inn..we would def stay again ! No frills, but clean, well maintained, and pleasant staff!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Calabash, North Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Cheap....Yes. In all respects. Had many problems with room, toilet would not flush, no one to repair, rooms not made up, front desk made no effort to help.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
R_R_I_178, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
I would like to apologize that your recently stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence was not to your satifaction. These problems were out of the ordinary, and rest assure that corrective measures have been taken to address these problems. Thanks you for your comments.

Tia Smalls General Manager Red Roof Inn Florence.

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

socarolina
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here during a convention at the convention center. It was very convenient to walk back and forth and not have to drive.
There was no problem with my reservation, but the reservation I'd made for the person who came with me got messed up through no fault of ours, that I could tell, and he said the desk person was not very polite about it.
I got a "superior" room which meant I got free wifi, refrigerator, microwave, and a nicer room; the increase in price was small and worth it. It was still a reasonable price. The room was well cleaned. The bed was comfortable. The airconditioning was fine. I had to ask for a hair dryer, but they did provide it then. The towels were not as generous as Quality Inn, where I usually stay, nor was the furniture as nice, nor were there as many amenities in the way of coffee, tea, etc. but I chose Red Roof Inn because it was closer to the Convention Center and cheaper.
Caution: the refrigerator isn't on when you get there. You have to turn it on.
When I left I accidentally left behind a dental appliance I am supposed to wear at night. It was in a little plastic case on a shelf. I didn't realize until the next day it was gone. I called and the maid had brought it to the desk. They kept it for me and my husband drove over and got it.

Room Tip: If you plan to use your computer, and want refrigerator, microwave, more space and a nicer bathroom...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
NY, NY
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My family stayed here one night in August on our way to Hilton Head, SC. I was very satisfied with everything. I was a little apprehensive at first about some of the reviews. However, after speaking with the staff to secure our reservation, I was more at ease. The hotel is very basic- which is good for a night or two. The room was large and clean. We were able to use a portable crib from the hotel, which was a newer model for our baby. It was not listed so if you need one, just let the staff know when you are making your reservation. Also ask them to note it in your reservation so you can be sure you have access to it. Across the street is a Waffle House, great for breakfast. Overall, this place was more than I could have hoped for considering price. Hotel staff were friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and had a small fridge. Just make sure you request the extra $1.50 fee for the safe be removed from your bill if you don't use the safe.

Room Tip: They have a few adjoining rooms if you request it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank munchkin77
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We drove from New Jersey to Florida and booked, sight unseen from the Red Roof Inn website, the hotel in Florence.
We arrived later than planned and the hotel looked a little dark outside. But we were pleasantly surprised! The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable.
We would have booked it for the return trip but Hurricane Irene had other plans!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Zsroost
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This Red Roof Inn consistantly provides clean rooms at a great rate for motorists making the transit from the Northeast to Florida. Many fine places to eat and a Barnes & Noble across the street. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CaptBillMiller
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The stay was ok since it was close to the venue we were attending, but the service and room were sub par for Redroof: smelly room, distracted attendants, and non working WI fi that never was fixed in the 3 nights there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
R_R_I_178, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
I apologize that your recently stay at the Red Roof Inn Florence was not to your satifaction. I would like let to know that corrective measures are in place so that these issues do not happen again. I look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.
Tia Smalls General Manager Red Roof Inn Florence.