“Very nice hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed in this hotel one night. Front desk was very friendly at check-in. They did not offer a welcome gift for Club Carlson concierge. So if you are one that looks forward to that perk (like me) then you will be disappointed on that front. Everything else about the hotel is great though. They did have fresh macadamia cookies every single time I was down there. Called down for assistance via phone and they were still very friendly. The hotel looks like one of the newer ones compared to the ones we have stayed in. The carpet looked very new. Oh and WIFI connection is GREAT!!!! They have three different connections. The room looked great. The bathroom was great. Loved the shower head that they have in the tub. Everything was clean. Breakfast was great. The lady that was stocking it was very good. She was friendly. We started to empty our plates and put them in the tub but she was there to do that for us. Anyway, we only spent one night there but it was great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stopped here on our way down to Florida. The hotel was right off of I-95 so it made for easy access to get back to the highway the next morning, I am glad we stopped here because not only did we receive a great rate, the room was nice and clean and beds comfortable. We arrived late and had no problem getting a room for the night. There were complimentary cookies in the lobby that my kids of course took advantage of. The breakfast was plenty with a variety of different items including cereal, eggs, waffles and fruit. I would definitely stay here again when travelling to Florida.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while in town for classes for work. The front desk clerk was phenomenal. She remembered my name hours after checking me in. The room was spacious and clean. I had a wonderful stay. Country Inn & Suites is steadily becoming one of my favorites.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We are snowbirds and are traveling from Florida to Connecticut. We have never stayed in a Country Inn but have stayed in many other chain hotels. We were definitely impressed. We arrived early and we were able to get into our room right away. Hot beverages and cookies are available in the lobby. We received a call from the front desk about a half an hour to make sure our room met our expectations. All the employees were very pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast was outstanding. The breakfast area was well stocked and offered a wide variety of food. We definitely will make it our regular stop on our trip back home.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank yankeegirl48
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Traveling from MD back to FL after New Years arrived at this hotel for a one night stay. The front desk staff, Mrs Katlyn was very efficient, friendly, and professional even with several people in line. Our room was very spacious and clean. The morning breakfast area was well stocked with eggs, French toast, sausage, cereals, fruit, etc. The breakfast bar staff, Ms. Jeanette was quick to refill items, clean areas, and being very friendly. When I asked where her tip jar was she gave me a polite, "I don't have one." I still handed her a tip and told her to have a nice day. I have made Country Inn & Suites one of my favorite places to stay. Next stay is in Port Canaveral for our cruise departing January 26th.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chefmaster
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stopped here on our first night while on our way to Florida. We did not have reservations and had been driving the last 5 hours in rain, often very heavy. There were 2 people in front of me. The evening shift front desk woman who was on duty 1/11 was very friendly and helpful to all of us. The room was clean and overall fine and most importantly, the bed was very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Lobby was really busy when we arrived, but the front desk staff was very friendly and efficient and we were checked in quickly. Coffee and cookies while we waited was nice after a long drive in the rain. Our room was large and very comfortable. Morning breakfast bar was well stocked and had some healthy options - in addition to the typical pastries. Coffee was actually good! After a really bad experience at another hotel, this will now be my regular stop off 95 on my way up the east coast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family