“Fine for one night”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stopped here while driving to the beach for a one night stay. The staff is extremely friendly and welcoming, the free breakfast is a nice touch. The rooms are average, beds aren't great...I've stayed in other Country Inns and this one is a little dated. It works for one night and had decent rates for the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 10, 2013

After being satisfied with our stay at a County Inns & Suites outside of DC last year, we decided to try the one in Florence as a stop over on our way to and from Disney in April. They have built several new hotels in Florence since our last stop there 4 years ago, however, we decided to stay here because of both our previous experience and the price was great. We were more than satisfied.....the rooms are very large (we had a king sized bed) and very comfortable and clean. In the morning they have a free breakfast with omlettes, waffles, home fries, etc. It's not elaborate, but enough to keep you satisfied until lunch. In addition they have delicious fresh baked cookies and coffee in the lobby all day and night. We were more than satisfied and would definitely stay here again. In addition, we ate dinner at a restaurant directly across the road called FATZ.....we weren't sure whether we wanted to try it at first but were glad we did....the food was really good and reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

On our trip from Toronto ON to FL we stopped in SC for the night at this hotel. It was clean, comfortable and had rooms despite the nascar race being in town. It had a good breakfast selection and friendly staff. Good hotel and good rate after driving a very long day. It's also right off I-95 so really easy to get going again in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We live in Maryland and our daughter lives in Florida....We always stop midway to spend the evening. After many different hotels we finally found one that was GREAT! Clean, good breakfast, and very quiet...Easy off and on the highway and plenty of good restaurants and shopping in the area.....We ate at the Red Bone Alley and had a very good meal......The air conditioning unit was a little noisy but not so that it made it difficult to sleep. Highly recommend. We will definitely be back on our next trip down.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I obtained a $77.00 per night government rate for a king, non-smoking room. The other discounted rates at this hotel were substantially higher. I was very pleased with the hotel and would highly recommend it.

PROS:
1. Very large and clean room – no bugs. Plenty of room to lay out your suitcases.
2. Well lit room and bathroom.
3. Desk & chair and couch in room.
4. Microwave and refrigerator/freezer.
5. Free Wi-Fi with easy access – no password needed.
6. Hotel has elevators.
7. Free hot breakfast in large dining area.
8. Many restaurants nearby – within a 5 min drive. Waffle House and Huddle House are open 24 hours!

CONS:
1. The sink is inside the bathroom – inconvenient for two or more people getting dressed in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've stayed in several motels in Florence over the years. This motel was the best by far. The front desk staff was both friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. The rates were also reasonable when compared to comparable hotels in the area. The access to I-95 is easy. Complimentary breakfast consisted of omelets, bagels, bacon, potatoes, cereal, etc.

Price paid / Value received = positive experience

Room Tip: Try a room on the second or third floor to avoid listening to people in the lobby as they check in.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I booked a room at the Country Inn and Suites back in January. When my 3 year old son and I arrived around 9pm I was told that they were overbooked and had to switch me to a "sister" hotel. After I waited in the lobby for an hour I was sent to the Holiday Inn Express which I had to back track on I-95 to. I asked the woman at the front desk who I should get in touch with to file a complaint and she gave me a card with a name a number to call. The next day I called the person on the card and they informed me that the general manager would contact me and work everything out, as she apologized for the inconvenience. Later another female called me to let me know that I had a complimentary room for my next stay and to just call and tell them my name and I wouldn't have any problem. So, yesterday I called and asked to speak to the general manager to make a reservation, she told me that she had no recollection of our conversation and that the only cards that are behind their front desk are hers and that I "most definitely did not speak to her". After being rude and making me feel like she thought I was lying as just trying to get something for nothing she told me she would make some calls and try and figure out who I talked to and call me back. I then called corporate Carlson and let them know what had happened and they were very kind and agreed to send me a certificate to use at any Country Inn and Suites. After 24hrs and no return phone call from the GM I called her back to see what she had found out. She then told me that the card I was given was their director of sales card (remember when she said the only cards behind the desk were hers???) but the DOS has no recollection of talking to me and neither did anyone else she had spoken with. She continued to interrupt me, condescend me, and ellude to the fact that I was making it all up, and then told me to "have a nice day" and hung up on me. It's really a shame that this woman still has a job there, because she will surely continue to treat people badly, since she obviously has no people skills. The front desk staff there has always been extremely polite and personable though, and the rooms are clean and affordable, but because of this incident I definitely will be finding another hotel in Florence.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank WendyPD
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at 1-800-967-9182.