“Best hotel we stayed in on our trip”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Best hotel we stayed in on our trip”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed in the hotel on our way to Myrtle Beach and this one was way better than the other 2 resorts. It was also less than a third of the price. The rooms were big and very clean. The air conditioner unit didn't work well and it took til 4am to cool down, but other than that the room was great.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Out of all the hotels we stayed in during our two week trip, the was one of the best! Nice hotel, clean, great breakfast and a free laundry! It was quiet, we felt safe, had a large room with a seating area, and great service. Who could ask for more?

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank PhoenixRising88
north carolina
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I came here with a college softball team that had a game in Hartsville, SC since Hartsville has so few hotel rooms. I spent 3 nights here. 1st night was in 311 that has 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa. Great size room for a family. Micro and fridge in room. Also Nice LG flat panel hdtv set in room. They are a little slow to come on unlike the old tube sets.
Bathroom was nice except that the fiberglass tub/shower combo units had a very slick textured surface on the bottom that I find very slick, a safety hazard for folks with balancing issues. That tub unit had a missing handle and had a fiberglass repair job that covered where a handle was. That handle should have been put back in its place, period.
I had to switch rooms with another guest in the group since the hotel was flat out sold out. I went across the hall to 314. That was a nice King room.
Comp Breakfast was great. decent variety of foods there. The guest laundry is great for athletic teams and road warriors. They use a Whirlpool traditional toploader. You do not need to go chasing quarters to do the washing and drying, YAY! Just bring your detergent of choice or pay $1 for tide with quarters. Pool was not open since it is an outdoor pool and not open until May. Parking lot is adequate for a mini bus and Motorcoach.
The wi-fi was erratic at times and the business center's computers are so slow to play a video and the software on the desktops would not let me read an article that was in a online newspaper because of the word "sex" was in article. Utterly rediculus.
If you are coming off I 95 South for the highway 52 exit you will basically go straight through the light across 52 then a quick right where Thunderbird hotel is on service rd. then a left where Krispy Kreme Donuts are and you cannot miss Country Inn and Suites.
If back in the area, I will keep this place in mind.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Nicaela, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
We are so pleased your stay was enjoyable in "Our Country!" Please come back to see us when your travels bring you back to the Florence SC area. Please I hear your concerns as well as will work diligently to make improvements on them.
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed April 16, 2011

This hotel was very comfortable, clean and quiet. Free internet, free parking, and the free breakfast was adequate. We were just passing through and needed a place to stay. Our room was very comfortable, with a mini fridge and microwave.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mb1991
We are pleased your stay was enjoyable in "Our Country!" Please come back to see us when your travels bring you to the Florence SC area.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We spent one night at this hotel on our drive to Florida. Most importantly this place was very clean! There are many hotels just off I95 and this was certainly a clean place to grab a few hours of rest. I'd have no problem staying here again next year on our way to our from Florida.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bradpole
Nicaela, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
We are so pleased your stay was enjoyable in "Our Country!" When you are in the Florence SC area again, come back to see us!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Stopped here on the way to FL. The non smoking room smelled like smoke. Awful! It was after 11 pm & we were tired and decided to deal with it. The women next door were drunk and foul mouth but they left at midnight to go out so we fell asleep. They came back at 5 am and one girl locked the others out so they were screaming and banging on the door. we called the desk but they couldn't get them in so they called the room with no luck. Eventually took the girls to another room. We couldn't fall back asleep and the children were upset.
Breakfast was edible. We ate and ran out of there as fast as we could. The new Comfort inn would have been our first choice but they had no vacancy. I will never stay at a country inn ever again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Nicaela, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
We want to sincerely apologize about your experience at our hotel. We take great pride in taking care of all of our guests. Please contact me so that we can have the opportunity to redeem ourselves with you and your family. I can be reached at 843-317-6616.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We were traveling from FL to VA and we normally stop at the Country Inns and Suites in Santee, SC. This time we tried to make it a little farther and stayed here. The girl at the front desk was nice, but she appeared to be the ONLY person working in the entire hotel! We waited for her to finish helping someone at the computers in the lobby for check in. After arriving in our room I called to remind them that we had requested a crib/playard, She told me I would have to come get it. My two older kids and I went downstairs, followed her to the work room at the end of the hotel and carried it back (it kept coming apart). Later I attempted to give my 2 year old a bath (very important since she had been car sick earlier) and the stopper wouldn't work. Called same girl and she said she would get a maintenence man...then called back to say there wasn't one and suggested we use towels to block it!! My husband was not happy and asked for her to adjust the rate, which she did. Asked for an extra pillow and was told to come get it again. The room was OK, wifi was a pain to get on. In general it was just too much trouble to stay here, especially when the Comfort Suites down the street looked so much nicer!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family