Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center
$126
$146
$125
Hotwire.com
All reviewsfree breakfastmagnolia mallbreakfast was excellentbed was comfortablerestaurants and shoppingyogurtstaff was very friendlywhitneypercyinterstate
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotel is in terrible shape. Noisy room, terrible odor in hall. Large spider in hallway on the way to room. Didn't feel secure. Had issues with the manager, when I tried to address the condition of the hotel. We prefer Marriott properties, but will take this one off our list for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gotbagswilltravel
Tina M, General Manager at Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, however, I am deeply sorry to hear you had a rare experience at our wonderful Fairfield Inn. I am the General Manager of the property and was not aware of your experience until your post on TripAdvisor. Since it is that muggy time of year in SC, we were having some issues with humidity in one of our hallways and unfortunately it sounded like that is what you experienced. We are one of the first Fairfield Inn's ever built and are dedicated to taking care of the property that we take pride in. Maintenance works very hard day in and day out to make sure our property is up to standards in good condition.

We honor, appreciate and take care of our Marriott Rewards travelers, and I would have been glad to upgrade you to another room had I been aware of your unfortunate circumstance prior to your departure. Please let me know next time you are in Florence, and I will personally upgrade you to one of our Superior Interior rooms on the 3rd floor and make sure you have an excellent second experience!

Tina Middleton-General Manager

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is an older hotel with smaller sized room and an older type air conditioner that was very noisy. Commode room was tiny. The elevator is located just inside the door with the front desk well beyond which made me a little uncomfortable for security but - - - bed was comfortable, breakfast standard Marriott fare. I was going for the Marriott points however would not stay here again. There are better choices in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband lives in Myrtle Beach and I currently live in Fayetteville and we decided to choose to stay with the Fairfield Inn Florence on our 2nd Anniversary, since it was about the half way point for us. We were so pleased with everything about this property! When we walked in, to our surprise, the lobby was beautiful and brand new! Our check-in was smooth and simple. The front desk was knowledgable about the surrounding restaurants and recommended a great steakhouse for us to celebrate at. When we came back from dinner, they offered to take our picture to capture us on our 2nd anniversary (see attached). We stayed on the 3rd floor, in an executive king and absolutely enjoyed it. We were happy to see they had a mini fridge where we could chill our champagne and also had a microwave where we could heat up our leftovers from dinner. The bed was comfortable, temp in room was nice and cool. The next morning we had a HOT breakfast together..they had eggs, sausage, potatoes, fresh fruit and everything else! After breakfast when we were checking out the staff was in the lobby singing a Fairfield Inn song during their morning huddle, which we thought was really neat and brought great energy to the property. Let's just say, we left on a "high note" and we would HIGHLY recommend this property to anyone traveling to the Florence area! Also, great location since it's right at the mall and walking distance to Mellow Mushroom, Outback Steakhouse, and many other restaurants. We will be coming back to stay for sure!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Spend a little bit more to stay on the 3rd floor executive rooms! Interior access, more spacious, fridge and microwave .So worth it!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the first Fairfield I have seen with outside corridors. I think Marriott should take their name off this one! Rooms was pokey and musty. Definitely would not stay here again.
The one plus is that it is close the the highway and a few restaurants.

Room Tip: There isn't one at this property, go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in our hotel and do apologize you felt your stay was less than satisfactory. We are one of the first Fairfield Inn's ever built, so the first two levels do indeed have exterior corridors, however you can choose to stay in one of our Executive Rooms on the 3rd floor, which are interior access only, if that is your preference. We do hope you stop over next time you are in the area and give us a second chance!

Management

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The front desk staff person was pleasant and friendly. The hotel needs improvements overall. The price for the room was much higher than the value. Hallway to room smells wet, like pets (not sure if they allow them - but it smelled like wet dog). The windows don't open even a crack - and the room was stuffy. Loud combo ac/heating unit. I asked for the quietest room in the hotel - and ended up in the room that is very loud due to thin windows and the noise of I-95 just outside. (I travel often, know that the highways are loud, and therefore made sure to ask for a quiet room. It was very late so by the time I got to the room, the I-95 traffic was minimal, so the noise - especially from trucks - wasn't too bad - by 5 am it woke me.) I would never stay here again - rather sleep in my car in a rest area. Maybe I'd get some rest.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family