“This is a Marriott hotel??!”

Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“This is a Marriott hotel??!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was shocked to see a hotel with the Marriott name attached to it in this way. My room was small and had a musty smell to it the entire time. You would think if the room was cleaned correctly, all smells would disappear. To cram a king size bed into a room that small is not smart. I had to call to request the room be cleaned, and when I did, washclothes were never replaced and we had to use the big hand towels to wash the 2nd day. The carpets were never vacummed my entire 3 day stay.
Now the hotel itself - the outside steps around the pool areas, are rusty and unkept. The pool does look clean and safe. The lobby looks outdated to be a Marriott. I didn't know Marriott owned hotesl where the rooms are located outside. Not a good look for the brand. Looks like they purchased a hotel from another brand and didnt do much to upgrade it.
If money is tight, this is the place to say, but if you want comfort and real quality, spend more and stay at another Marriott brand in that same area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Diana P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Richmond, VA
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before about 18 months ago and the hotel is on a steady decline. Fairfield Inns I expect to be small and no frills but maintain all the other Marriott standards. This hotel didn't do that.

(1) Room smelled musty.
(2) There was a spill at breakfast that was there when we got there and still there when we left. All they did was put up a yellow caution sign. How about cleaning it up?
(3) Wasn't asked about my stay when I checked out.
(4) Bed were soft and not made for my sleeping preference.

I was frustrated with the experience. Florence is a prime stopping point on the way to Florida. Really surprised that Marriott would let a property be in this condition. Will definitely look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie W, Director of Sales at Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
First of all, I would like to say thank you for your business and for being a return guest. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. I appreciate your feedback and will address these issues. We have recently made numerous staff/management changes and have a very good team in place. Our top priority is our guests and making sure they are comfortable, happy and very pleased with their accommodations. We are a Generation 1 Fairfield Inn so we are older than most, however, we have so many wonderful assets such as our courteous and caring staff, clean rooms and attentiveness that really make us the inviting and charming property that we are. Once again, I do apologize for your bad experience and I will most certainly address your issues as they are not common to our hotel. I would truly appreciate your giving us another try. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Staff was courteous, that's the best thing I can say about staying here.

Room musty, not very well maintaned. Lots of outside noise from traffic and other guests.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
The Villages, FL
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My wife and I requested the 3rd floor as we had read earlier reviews about this property being pet friendly and we fighured the pets would probably be on the first floor. Room 324 has been recently refurbrished and all 2 people could want for a 1 night stay.
The hotel is older so consequently the rooms are smaller than the typical Fairfield Inn. Great location just off Rt. 95 and close to restaurants. TIP - The streets near the Fairfield Inn do not have street signs so it is difficult to find with your GPS. Better to call the hotel and have them give you directions.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodled room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JohnNDonna
Thank you so much for your business and your kind words! We truly value your opinion and hope to see you again!
Mt. Juliet
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This poor hotel...I really wanted this hotel to be nice in spite of it's age and room sizes. Unfortunately this hotel just couldn't deliver. The rooms are tiny but I would say they are clean. I didn't give it 5 stars for cleanliness due to the musty awful smell. The staff is great very friendly and competent. You can tell the housekeepers do the best they can with what they have to work with. The rooms just aren't worth more than $45 a night.

• Stayed April 2012
Hopewell Junction, New York
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The location here is great. Right off I-95. Jam packed with high end chain restaurants (next door and across street). Nice mall next door as well. The rooms and building are more of a Super 8, Quality Inn standard. This does not resemble a traditional Marriott property. However, the grounds are maintained beautifully, staff is nice, and breakfast area and food were above average. If getting a good price, you will do fine here.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We only stayed one night and picked it as it was halfway home from Florida. The room was adequate with a refrigerator and microwave. We were happy for the refrigerator as we had a cooler of food to stash for the night. There was an Outback across the parking lot, so we were able to walk there (tired of being in a car) for dinner. The breakfast spread was minimal but adequate. I would have liked a waffle, but they had run out of batter and it took our whole breakfast time for it to be refilled. I had a bagel instead. It met our needs, but was not memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor as they have refrigerators.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family