“Horrible facility”

Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Baltimore, Maryland
“Horrible facility”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

If you're o.k. with humidity so high in the rooms that the towels and carpet were damp, then you should be o.k. with this hotel. To be fair, the staff were courteous and kind but the rooms were horrible. This is a Motel style building, three stories high. The first two floors are the type of rooms that open to the outside, not to an interior hallway. This I think is the cause of the humidity. I had to turn up the air conditioner to the highest setting to try to keep the compressor on and decrease the damp air in the room. My poor kids were bundled up so tight the next morning that it looked like there mummified. Add the fact that the smoking area was on the same floor as my room (by the elevator of all places) and I woke up to a damp, smokey smell, that was mixed with the scent of dead bugs, or maybe urine. When I left the room and got my first wiff, I gagged. Also, I believe security must be an issues with this hotel. After dark, they close off the lobby and one can only check in through a glass enclosure, kind of like you're going to a bank teller in a bad neighborhood.

There were a lot of people at this hotel though. The price must have been too good to look away. I know that I'll never be staying there again. I don't think you should either.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had two rooms for 4 travelers. They were clean and updated, but STUNK! There was mold in the air conditioning units and both rooms smelled horribly. We took a trip to Walmart and got some Febreeze which helped some until we were able to get to sleep. The next morning the odor was back. We could smell the stench on our clothing and suitcases for day. YUCK!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Stephanie W, Director of Sales at Days Inn Florence Near Civic Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
I am the new Sales Manager at the Fairfield Inn in Florence and I am terribly sorry about your recent stay with us. I was not employed by the company while you were a guest, however, I intend to make sure problems like these are resolved and that we are making positive changes! I appreciate your review. Comments are very helpful in assuring a better stay for our guests. I hope that you will give us another chance.
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

This is a convenient hotel off I-95. The room was clean, but small. There is no refrigerator in the room. Breakfast included cereal, muffins, english muffins, yogurt, etc.
There is a computer connection by wire. No Wi-Fi in the room. Several chain restaurants very close by, incl. Ruby Tuesday, Chili's and great ice cream, forgotten the name, right behind the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stopped here for an overnight stay on our way to Orlando. It was pricey for an overnight stay, but it did the trick. There's nothing I can really complain about. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Riverdale, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

Stayed her on our way back to florida, beds were very comfortable, & free hot breakfast, right across from olive garden. rooms are on the outside of walkways & don't remember if it had a refrigerator. overall nice for a stop over.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ckid525
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

After driving about 600 moles, the Fairfield sign was a grod-send. My wipe and I were beginning an eight week trejo that will combine driving and air/boat travel. I am a member of the Marriott frequent stay program along with other hotel chains. The greeting was very warm and I was thanked for coming back. We stayed there two years ago. The room was clean and comfortable. It was small but neatly set up. The bed was comfortable and the A/C worked well. The bathroom was compact but clean with a separate water closet. The breakfast was lame and not like other Fairfield's that we've stayed in. I don't expect the type of breakfast anywhere near a diner but I don't expect the type provided. I would stay there again but wil search out a different breakfast venue.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor