“Ladies Night Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #14 of 254 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arkansas
“Ladies Night Out”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We waited a very short time for a table to fit our 9. The waitress was kind and very helpful with my gluten allergies! It took over 2 hours from start to dessert. But every meal was hot and fresh. The waitress was very concerned for my allergy and talked to the cook before placing my order! The 3 course meal was a good value and the dish sizes were actually larger than I guessed. The dessert was good but I couldn't eat the cake that cake with the meal because of gluten, but I ate the cream topping. I really wished they had a gluten free dessert. It would have been PERFECT!

• Visited June 2013

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Made the Grade”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Good road trip Italian food, service very prompt and servers helpful. Excellent value, very clean and bottomless salad bowl a plus to green-lovers.

Visited June 2013
Darlington, South Carolina, United States
“Their service is never constant, sometimes good, sometimes bad. But,”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It may be a chain and not Italian at all, but they always strive to provide good service, good quality food, and a good family ambiance (not that they always succeed). Their service is never constant, sometimes good, sometimes bad. But, in my last visit they had some new seafood dishes on the menu and I was pleased with mine this time. I had a Seafood Brodetto, a mix of scallops, shrimp, and tilapia with spinach and mushrooms, very good-spicy and satisfying. I am not sure when they stopped bringing loads and loads of bread sticks; we were only served one portion of 4.

• Visited May 2013
Florence, South Carolina
“Absolutely the worst restaurant in terms of service, and food taste/quality.”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I wrote a scathing review in December, 2012 about this restaurant. Then I gave them another chance in January, 2013. I wrote another scathing review as they deserved it.
I had not been back to this OG since January, 2013. I went yesterday, May 24, 2013 and it was awful. I will not spend another dime in an Olive Garden restaurant.
To start with, my spouse and I were "hungry" for good Italian food and decided to give the OG another try. It was about 2 PM and we had to wait a few minutes for a table, but then they seated the two of us at a huge round table/booth in the back by the Bar. Just the two of us in that big booth seemed a waste of resources. Then the waitstaff inquired about our beverage and left for about five minutes, then brought our drinks and breadsticks.. He said he had four (4) tables to wait on and he apologised for being in a rush. Then we gave him our order and sat back and waited for our first course. Ten minutes or so later our waiter came back and saw that we did not have our salad. After another 5 minutes or so he came back with the salad and someone else brought our appetizer. We finished the salad and appetizer and waited.
He finally showed with the main course and we refused my spouse's entre'. It was a half of the Chicken Parmesan sandwich, but it was not pleaseing to the eye at all.. It was two very small fried chicken fingers with about a tablespoon of what they call Marinara sauce on top. The bread was too crispy and too thick. We told the waiter that we did not want it and he suggested having the manager come look. I agreed and the manager came and apologized profusely and actually gave us a $20 gift card. My food was not good at all but I did not complain. We had to wait quite a while for the waiter to come back with my bill. I will give the gift card to someone else and will not step inside the Olive Garden again. I know the waitstaff thinks that everybody coming to the restaurant is a traveler because of our location at I-20 / I-95 junction, but we live in Florence and if the experience was as It had been in previous years, then we would have gone back very month or so. I will not recommend OG to anyone and will write an editorial in the local newspaper about my experience at OG.

• Visited May 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Dinner was a BUST!!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband typically loves to dine here as for me, Not so much! I'm not sure if the Florence natives know what Italian food is suppose to taste like or if they just decided to settle. First of Olive Garden is way too busy and there is always a wait, why? I have no idea, because the food here is horrible. Our last visit a couple of weeks ago we had to wait at least 15 minutes for a table which wasn't too bad, but after receiving our food found the wait wasn't worth it. The only decent thing was the pleasant waitress and the salad. Although I don't know why they always put a little bit of salad in a bowl with very little dressing just for you to keep waving the waitress down to get more, WHY? I can't understand why they can't put enough in there from the start to avoid all of the unnecessary waiting for them to refill the salad bowl. Moving forward, the pasta was overcooked when our food arrived, I refused to eat it. I should have known better with ordering a dish that contain pasta after the waitress advised me that, overall the dish I ordered was very popular and good, however when customers order it she always return to the table to find the topper eaten but the pasta to remain. I wonder why? Not any more.. I notice a young couple forking through their dish, and I said to my husband I'm sure they aren't eating because it was overcooked. So my husband asked them and they replied what we already knew, theirs was overcooked as well. But they were to sweet to complain. At the end of the day I had to settle for a salad when I desired a complete entrée. My husband was at peace, as his entrée didn't contain pasta. As for me I don't think I will be returning unless there is a major change and new cooks with great reviews from others to prove that the dining experience is better. My advice at this point is, if you desire a pasta dish remotely close to Italian food DON"T EAT HERE, THEY CAN"T COOK... PERIOD!!!! and the food is OVER PRICED for the quality...

• Visited April 2013