“Absolutely the worst restaurant in terms of service, and food taste/quality.”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #15 of 257 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Florence, South Carolina
“Absolutely the worst restaurant in terms of service, and food taste/quality.”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I wrote a scathing review in December, 2012 about this restaurant. Then I gave them another chance in January, 2013. I wrote another scathing review as they deserved it.
I had not been back to this OG since January, 2013. I went yesterday, May 24, 2013 and it was awful. I will not spend another dime in an Olive Garden restaurant.
To start with, my spouse and I were "hungry" for good Italian food and decided to give the OG another try. It was about 2 PM and we had to wait a few minutes for a table, but then they seated the two of us at a huge round table/booth in the back by the Bar. Just the two of us in that big booth seemed a waste of resources. Then the waitstaff inquired about our beverage and left for about five minutes, then brought our drinks and breadsticks.. He said he had four (4) tables to wait on and he apologised for being in a rush. Then we gave him our order and sat back and waited for our first course. Ten minutes or so later our waiter came back and saw that we did not have our salad. After another 5 minutes or so he came back with the salad and someone else brought our appetizer. We finished the salad and appetizer and waited.
He finally showed with the main course and we refused my spouse's entre'. It was a half of the Chicken Parmesan sandwich, but it was not pleaseing to the eye at all.. It was two very small fried chicken fingers with about a tablespoon of what they call Marinara sauce on top. The bread was too crispy and too thick. We told the waiter that we did not want it and he suggested having the manager come look. I agreed and the manager came and apologized profusely and actually gave us a $20 gift card. My food was not good at all but I did not complain. We had to wait quite a while for the waiter to come back with my bill. I will give the gift card to someone else and will not step inside the Olive Garden again. I know the waitstaff thinks that everybody coming to the restaurant is a traveler because of our location at I-20 / I-95 junction, but we live in Florence and if the experience was as It had been in previous years, then we would have gone back very month or so. I will not recommend OG to anyone and will write an editorial in the local newspaper about my experience at OG.

• Visited May 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“Dinner was a BUST!!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband typically loves to dine here as for me, Not so much! I'm not sure if the Florence natives know what Italian food is suppose to taste like or if they just decided to settle. First of Olive Garden is way too busy and there is always a wait, why? I have no idea, because the food here is horrible. Our last visit a couple of weeks ago we had to wait at least 15 minutes for a table which wasn't too bad, but after receiving our food found the wait wasn't worth it. The only decent thing was the pleasant waitress and the salad. Although I don't know why they always put a little bit of salad in a bowl with very little dressing just for you to keep waving the waitress down to get more, WHY? I can't understand why they can't put enough in there from the start to avoid all of the unnecessary waiting for them to refill the salad bowl. Moving forward, the pasta was overcooked when our food arrived, I refused to eat it. I should have known better with ordering a dish that contain pasta after the waitress advised me that, overall the dish I ordered was very popular and good, however when customers order it she always return to the table to find the topper eaten but the pasta to remain. I wonder why? Not any more.. I notice a young couple forking through their dish, and I said to my husband I'm sure they aren't eating because it was overcooked. So my husband asked them and they replied what we already knew, theirs was overcooked as well. But they were to sweet to complain. At the end of the day I had to settle for a salad when I desired a complete entrée. My husband was at peace, as his entrée didn't contain pasta. As for me I don't think I will be returning unless there is a major change and new cooks with great reviews from others to prove that the dining experience is better. My advice at this point is, if you desire a pasta dish remotely close to Italian food DON"T EAT HERE, THEY CAN"T COOK... PERIOD!!!! and the food is OVER PRICED for the quality...

• Visited April 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Close to Hotels/Motels”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Restaujrant was very busy and we were rather rushed with meal arriving when we were still on salad. Food was cold, had to send back. Was replaced with a new plate but found the food to be overdone. Was cost was rather high for what we received. Will re-think stopping there again in the future.

Visited April 2013
Venice, Florida
“Enjoyable Meal after a tiring day!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

After driving all day, we were greeted with friendly service, The meal was very tasty and we found the ambiance relaxing and attractive.

Visited May 2013
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Improved through the years”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have always enjoyed eating at the Olive Garden. This Olive Garden in particular has been notorious for being slow and having bad service. However, as of a few past visits, they have improved. This has made this Olive Garden more enjoyable and my family actually wants to eat there. My only negative on my last visit was the pasta fajioli, that I usually get was a meatball base sauce, and not the typical red sauce. Hopefully, this was just a bad batch.

• Visited April 2013