“Dinner was a BUST!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #16 of 252 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
“Dinner was a BUST!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband typically loves to dine here as for me, Not so much! I'm not sure if the Florence natives know what Italian food is suppose to taste like or if they just decided to settle. First of Olive Garden is way too busy and there is always a wait, why? I have no idea, because the food here is horrible. Our last visit a couple of weeks ago we had to wait at least 15 minutes for a table which wasn't too bad, but after receiving our food found the wait wasn't worth it. The only decent thing was the pleasant waitress and the salad. Although I don't know why they always put a little bit of salad in a bowl with very little dressing just for you to keep waving the waitress down to get more, WHY? I can't understand why they can't put enough in there from the start to avoid all of the unnecessary waiting for them to refill the salad bowl. Moving forward, the pasta was overcooked when our food arrived, I refused to eat it. I should have known better with ordering a dish that contain pasta after the waitress advised me that, overall the dish I ordered was very popular and good, however when customers order it she always return to the table to find the topper eaten but the pasta to remain. I wonder why? Not any more.. I notice a young couple forking through their dish, and I said to my husband I'm sure they aren't eating because it was overcooked. So my husband asked them and they replied what we already knew, theirs was overcooked as well. But they were to sweet to complain. At the end of the day I had to settle for a salad when I desired a complete entrée. My husband was at peace, as his entrée didn't contain pasta. As for me I don't think I will be returning unless there is a major change and new cooks with great reviews from others to prove that the dining experience is better. My advice at this point is, if you desire a pasta dish remotely close to Italian food DON"T EAT HERE, THEY CAN"T COOK... PERIOD!!!! and the food is OVER PRICED for the quality...

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Ottawa, Canada
“Close to Hotels/Motels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Restaujrant was very busy and we were rather rushed with meal arriving when we were still on salad. Food was cold, had to send back. Was replaced with a new plate but found the food to be overdone. Was cost was rather high for what we received. Will re-think stopping there again in the future.

Visited April 2013
Venice, Florida
“Enjoyable Meal after a tiring day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

After driving all day, we were greeted with friendly service, The meal was very tasty and we found the ambiance relaxing and attractive.

Visited May 2013
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Improved through the years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have always enjoyed eating at the Olive Garden. This Olive Garden in particular has been notorious for being slow and having bad service. However, as of a few past visits, they have improved. This has made this Olive Garden more enjoyable and my family actually wants to eat there. My only negative on my last visit was the pasta fajioli, that I usually get was a meatball base sauce, and not the typical red sauce. Hopefully, this was just a bad batch.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sumter, South Carolina
“Always a Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We love Olive Garden and we were not disappointed. The food is always very good. Tried a new dish called Chicken Scampi, it was very good. It is not as good as my steak gorgonzolla on the dinner menu, but I enjoyed it. It was lunch time when we dined.

Visited April 2013