“Come out come out wherever you are”
Review of Best Western Inn

Best Western Inn
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Binghamton NY
“Come out come out wherever you are”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stay at this motel quite often for several years on our twice yearly trek from ny to fl. always consistently clean. the grounds are well maintained. i use the pool when possible. it is always spotless and refreshing. our king suite was large. nicely furnished. beds clean and very comfortable. nice flat screen micro and fridge. Carpet was clean but getting very worn in front of sink. breakfast is quite good. now for the unusual for thiss inn. At 6:30 am i went to check out. no customerd were in the breakfast room yet but it was all nicely set up. i waited and waited and waited for the clerk. i yelled goodmorning. i yelled hello hello still no one. i wrote a note and left my key. we were on free rewards night so i was okay with doing that. we went to the gas station across the street to fill up before getting on interstate. i could see the hotel from desk from across the street and still no one at the desk. i looked up the number and called. it rang and rang. finally a very weak sleepy voice answered. i explained all and she said no problem.

• Stayed September 2013
Christiana B, Manager at Best Western Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for completing the the survey and I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.then again for bring this to my attention of a staff member .Again I give my deepest apolgie.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Lady Lake, Florida, Usa
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We choice this hotel because it was pet friendly. Yes it was. The rooms were a bit dated and in need of a carpet change. Overall it was okay however the breakfast in the morning proved to be a welcome relief. Good variety. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Beware of the train it runs right there in the middle of town. So tired that it did not bother us. Shares a parking lot with Ruby Tuesday. Ok then a fair choice.

Room Tip: Beware of the train
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
South Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Parking lot was right next to Ruby Tuesday. The breakfast offered was delicious with many selections ranging from biscuits with sausage gravy, Belgian waffles, fruits, cereal, various pastries, and drinks. The best part is our dog was welcomed regardless of size with a nominal fee of $15 for staying overnight even though the in-room directory stated that pets were not allowed. Its located right off of I-95 with easy on/off and despite having to cross railroad tracks to get to the hotel, didn't hear a train..not sure if there even was one scheduled. WiFi was a good strong signal so no problem logging onto the internet.

Room Tip: Drink the coffee from the breakfast area versus the pods offered in the rooms....taste is MUCH bette...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

There are railroad tracks that run right in front of this hotel so if you think you may have a problem with this, stay elsewhere. My husband and I found it amusing and honestly, we only heard one train at around 11pm on a Tuesday night. We started out with the whirlpool suite. The room was awesome! However, the tub could have been cleaner and there were a few left over whiskers in the bathroom sink from a prior guest. Unfortunately, the air conditioner was not working right so we had to move to a regular room. The staff was very nice and we received a refund for the difference. There seemed to be a lot of "snowbirds" staying here and it was very busy. Pets are allowed but it was quiet at night. Ruby Tuesday and Cracker Barrel are next door. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel was nice about average for a Best Western. The only problem I had was with the WiFi it would not work in the room. I could go to the breakfast area and connect but once I got back to the room it went away. I talked to the front desk and they said they would call someone but the three days I was there it never worked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

wish all rooms were non]smoking, but ours was and the rooms are very comfortable and pleasant. It is conveniently located off of I95 and within walking distance of several good restaurants. The breakfast in the morning was very nicely presented and the area was very clean and well tended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I don't normally review rooms unless there is a specific good or poor reason. This particular stay reflects a poor review. I am a frequent business traveler and a Gold Crown member with Best Western and asked specific questions prior to making reservation. I requested a clean room by the office for quick coffee access and I needed good internet service. I also asked how long it had been since the property had been renovated and was told it was one year ago. My reservation was handled well and without issue. I was impressed that my membership status was recognized at check in but it apparently did not mean much. My stay initially was to be for two days but I checked out after one. The room was a first floor room and was very unsanitary in my opinion. The carpet actually was discolored and heavily stained from wear, (or moisture?). The room had a severe deodorant smell upon entering. The check in was mid afternoon and I had to immediately leave so I assumed the heavy deodorant smell was from just having the room cleaned. Upon retuning late it was apparent the deodorant was used to mask a severe mold issue. I guess this was just the start to inspect the room further and it went downhill from there. The walls were VERY dirty and the light switch faceplates were splattered with what looked like blood stains(???). I noticed dead bugs and flies throughout the room. The light in the bathroom was tempermental and worked sometimes and the internet did NOT work at all. (This was an important prerequisite of my reservation). It also was a very loud room as it seems construction crews sat on the curbs outside the lobby until late.
I will not stay here again. The ratings seem to place this motel higher than some in the area so my stay hopefully is not the rule for this property. My recommendation to others would be to inspect your room closely before committing to that particular room.

Room Tip: Inspect the room prior to making a commitment. Choose an upstairs room to avoid mold? Stay away from...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business