“Heading Home from Florida”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of BEST WESTERN Inn

BEST WESTERN Inn
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Heading Home from Florida”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

There are railroad tracks that run right in front of this hotel so if you think you may have a problem with this, stay elsewhere. My husband and I found it amusing and honestly, we only heard one train at around 11pm on a Tuesday night. We started out with the whirlpool suite. The room was awesome! However, the tub could have been cleaner and there were a few left over whiskers in the bathroom sink from a prior guest. Unfortunately, the air conditioner was not working right so we had to move to a regular room. The staff was very nice and we received a refund for the difference. There seemed to be a lot of "snowbirds" staying here and it was very busy. Pets are allowed but it was quiet at night. Ruby Tuesday and Cracker Barrel are next door. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel was nice about average for a Best Western. The only problem I had was with the WiFi it would not work in the room. I could go to the breakfast area and connect but once I got back to the room it went away. I talked to the front desk and they said they would call someone but the three days I was there it never worked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

wish all rooms were non]smoking, but ours was and the rooms are very comfortable and pleasant. It is conveniently located off of I95 and within walking distance of several good restaurants. The breakfast in the morning was very nicely presented and the area was very clean and well tended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I don't normally review rooms unless there is a specific good or poor reason. This particular stay reflects a poor review. I am a frequent business traveler and a Gold Crown member with Best Western and asked specific questions prior to making reservation. I requested a clean room by the office for quick coffee access and I needed good internet service. I also asked how long it had been since the property had been renovated and was told it was one year ago. My reservation was handled well and without issue. I was impressed that my membership status was recognized at check in but it apparently did not mean much. My stay initially was to be for two days but I checked out after one. The room was a first floor room and was very unsanitary in my opinion. The carpet actually was discolored and heavily stained from wear, (or moisture?). The room had a severe deodorant smell upon entering. The check in was mid afternoon and I had to immediately leave so I assumed the heavy deodorant smell was from just having the room cleaned. Upon retuning late it was apparent the deodorant was used to mask a severe mold issue. I guess this was just the start to inspect the room further and it went downhill from there. The walls were VERY dirty and the light switch faceplates were splattered with what looked like blood stains(???). I noticed dead bugs and flies throughout the room. The light in the bathroom was tempermental and worked sometimes and the internet did NOT work at all. (This was an important prerequisite of my reservation). It also was a very loud room as it seems construction crews sat on the curbs outside the lobby until late.
I will not stay here again. The ratings seem to place this motel higher than some in the area so my stay hopefully is not the rule for this property. My recommendation to others would be to inspect your room closely before committing to that particular room.

Room Tip: Inspect the room prior to making a commitment. Choose an upstairs room to avoid mold? Stay away from...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

deland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I were on the last leg of our road trip from New England and although the room rate was just a bit above our budget, the comfort and cleanliness of the room and the caring staff made it all worth while.. We were well rested and fed for our last day on the road.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hartsville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

my husband and i really enjoyed our stay. The only problem i ran into was with ms. jackey. she was not very proficent nor professional. I didnt know you could be on a cell phone and run the front desk at the same time. maybe you should check into that. she could be bad for business with that nasty attitude towards guest. She was a complete snob! i would rather any other front deck personel to assist me as long its not jackey again. Just thought i should bring that to your attention. Other than that everyone else we came in contact with was very friendly and professional. Hotel room was amazing and we had a affordable rate, breakfast was more than any other best western i've visited. GOOD JOB EVERYONE!! WITH THE ACCECPTION OF JACKEY.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank michelleb035
Christiana B, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey.Very pleased to get your feedback on the staff its tells me we need to have more staff training .Again thank you
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Love staying at Best Western. I previously stayed at The Howard Johnsons on 52,but ahter they stole personal belongings from my suitcase, i changed hotels. For the better I might add.Great people work at Best Western in Florence.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business