“Just looking for a place to sleep, this works great.”
Review of Best Western Inn

Best Western Inn
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was a nice place to spend a night. Nothing extravagant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Having stayed at a competitor (HI) down the road on a previous trip, we decided to give Best Western a try. The lobby was not as impressive as their competitor but the desk staff were friendly and my request for a room on the first floor had been honored. The outside entrance room was typical with two queen beds, a TV, fridge, microwave, etc. and was clean as was the bathroom. The AC was running which was a surprise and the room was comfortably cool upon entrance. The TV was of the tube variety and the remote was identified as a green clean remote which turned out to mean it had totally flat surfaces which enabled an easy clean before a new guest arrived. Considering that the room was quite neat, I figured they meant it about the remote. The mattresses were a pleasant surprise as both were firm with no saggy spots and there was an ample supply of pillows. Both of us had restful nights. However, the motel must be near a train track because during the night I was awakened by the sound of a train whistle blowing and could hear the sound of the wheels on the track but found it a pleasant reminder of my youth and easily returned to sleep. The next morning I mentioned it and my wife responded, “what train?” Breakfast was a nice surprise. There was a waffle maker, I passed, but also a wide selection of bagels (and a bagel slicer), various breads for toasting, sweet rolls, biscuits (with fresh pork gravy), juices, and three types of cereals. The coffeemaker featured fresh brewed by the cup Maxwell House coffee and yes it was good to the last drop and I had three cups. The morning staff was even more pleasant than the check in staff. Should I pass through Florence again, I will certainly stay here. An excellent experience. Additionally, there is an outdoor pool and several guests were making use of it but I am more interested in sleep quality than pools. Also they are pet friendly but I heard no barking pets although I saw a few pets about.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Handy area for me to rest. I happened to have a handicap room, ground floor, where I found the carpet a bit dirty especially at the door. I am willing to cut them slack as they might not have cleaned up from winter. The room was clean otherwise, the bed very comfortable and the pillows fine. The front desk was very accommodating. Breakfast was adequate. It was just fine for the price. My friend stayed on the second level and her room was larger and she was very pleased.

Room Tip: Good value.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mooselymaine
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Room was clean and quiet, check-in was a breeze and Ruby Tuesday, Cracker barrel were within walking distance from the Inn.

Room Tip: We always look for a ground floor room with parking right outside the door.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beachpop
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Arrived at 10:30 pm after traveling all day. I had made reservations several days earlier for a non smoking room, that is not what I got.

The front desk clerk was friendly enough when I checked in, and was very efficient. However the moment we stepped into our "smoke free" room we were acosted with the smell of smoke. It was just awful. I called the front desk and let her know the room smelled awful, and I was not pleased. She acknowledged my complaint, but made no effort to move me to another room. To her defense, I did tell her I was tired and would just stay there.

I should have just insisted I receive a different room. My bedsheets smelled like an ashtray, and I got no sleep at all. When we left the next morning I let the front desk clerk know that she should change that room to a smoking room because she'd never get the smell out. She just stated she'd make a note of it. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but an apology would have been nice.

The room was clean and the hotel was well kept. I will not be staying at this hotel again, however, do to their lack of concern over my complaint.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I made a reservation for the Best Western in Florence, South Carolina for the week-end of the Nascar race at Darlington Speedway. We were given a confirmation number and received an email confirmation. When we checked our voice-mail, as we were driving to the hotel, we found a message that our room was no longer available. We called the hotel and were told that there was not a room. The person at the hotel was very rude and offered no apology and no assistance in obtaining a hotel room for the nights of our previously confirmed reservation.

Now that we are back home, we have discovered that our credit card was billed for the room that was not available.

BEWARE, even if you have a confirmed reservation, this hotel may cancel your reservation, will not find you another room, but will charge you for the room that was not available.

ADDENDUM: After multiple long telephone calls, (the last one while I was writing this review), the hotel has removed the charge from the credit card.

Unfortunately, we still had our confirmed reservation cancelled. The hotel was very rude and unhelpful when we called about our reservation being cancelled. There was no assistance in finding an alternative hotel. Then we were charged for the room. It took several phone calls to have the charge removed from our credit card.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traveler773311
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We picked this on the Internet to stay on our trip from Norfolk to Florida. Had a great experience that evening, with a clean room, great service, fantastic breakfast.

Decided to reserve for our return trip in two weeks, and had the same excellent experience.

Will use this stop again for our Florida trip next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple