“What can i say...simply great.”

Tubb's Shrimp & Fish Co
Ranked #1 of 266 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This food was amazing. The gas station converted restaurant has fresh affordable seafood. Get the seafood platter and the crab Rangoon

1  Thank jrenzy

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My family from NY came to visit us this week, we have lived here just over a month and have been DYING to try Tubb's. We visited the fish market a few Saturdays ago and got the best shrimp and grouper we've ever had the pleasure of cooking, so this visit had been highly anticipated. It didn't disappoint- the first thing I want to address was the value. Maybe things have changed since the other poor value reviews, because everyone at my table who got hushpuppies had enough for themselves and to share. I had the pleasure of trying a few other of my family member's meals and they were all perfect. I had the shrimp perlau which was fantastic, but the standout were the crab fries. The bernaise sause is to die for, even my 7 year old couldn't get enough. We all wanted to lick the plate. All 9 of us left absolutely stuffed, and paid less than $150 for all. That is a good value if I've ever heard of one. Everything was super fresh, the fried shrimp in my husband's po boy didn't taste like fryer oil, they tasted like quality fresh shrimp. I can't wait to go back and try some other things.

Oh and did I mention there were NINE of us and the food came immediately out??? When the restaurant was completely full. Super fast and attentive service, also they are all so friendly. This is our new "spot".

1  Thank Gina P
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We chose this place based on reviews and it certainly didn't disappoint. It's a small place (looks like it use to be a gas station). The waitress was very friendly & attentive and who I assume was the owner came by to make sure everything was satisfactory. I had the fried shrimp & oysters. Both were decent in size and there was about 6 of each. A bargain at $14! My sides were the Hoppin John (EXCELLENT) and the grilled squash. My husband had the GBLT (grouper, bacon, lettuce & tomato), which was very good as well.

Truly a treasure to seek out when in the area!

1  Thank sirpeternincompoop
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I enjoyed the soft shell crab last week more than any,ever, & that's my favorite dish so I've had a lot. Went back this week and repeated the pleasure.
The hushpuppy & sides portion issues some have mentioned must have been repaired because they no longer exist. Everyone in my party of 6 was pleased with his order and the value.
The chef has a keen eye for picking fresh seafood and a sure hand at creating unique tastes. It will be fun to experience this new restaurant's growth.

1  Thank BillyReyn
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Personally, I believe my lord and savior, Jesus Christ (who is also my homeboy) could not have perfected the Grouper BLT any better than Tubbs.

And please keep in mind, JC once fed 5000 people with just a couple fish and some loaves of bread (I personally like to think he used grouper, because it's the bomb.com.)

But...

I don't mean any disrespect to the big guy, but come on JC! Where was the house smoked bacon, (like Tubbs has?) Where was the crisp lettuce? The fresh tomato? The creamy mayo?

I'm not advocating skipping church to eat at Tubbs - but I will be praying next Sunday that I get to enjoy at least one more meal at this place before JC calls me home.

1  Thank Dylster001

Been to Tubb's Shrimp & Fish Co? Share your experiences!