Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Stopping Place”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We stopped here on our drive home from Florida. It was convenient and close to the highway. There were lots of restaurants close by so we had lots of choices for dinner. The room was nice but not as spacious as other Holiday Inn Expresses we stayed at. The front desk clerk was not super friendly when she checked us in and seemed annoyed later when we had to come back to get more towels since there weren't enough in the room. Breakfast was good with lots of choices and the kids liked the cookies that were provided at check in. We were happy with our stay here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed November 10, 2010

hotel was clean, we stayed in a "suit" which was very large and roomy...staff was helpful...in a great spot for stopping on our way to and from florida...tons of places to eat around hotel...the only problem was the soda vending machines weren't stocked?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank bayonnemom
pattersonchad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Thank you for your visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence! I am happy to see that your stay was a great one! I am also glad that your room was nice and clean, and the staff was helpful to you.
I do want to apologize for the soda maching not being stocked during your stay. Coca-Cola is responsible for their machines here in the hotel. Rest assured, I have spoken with them to ensure that there is product in their machines at all times. Thank you for informing us of the concern you had, and we look forward to having you with us again in the future!!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed November 9, 2010

The hotel, is very clean, quiet and convenient -- with very good staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank EricBeijing1964
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Absolutely cleanest, most comfortable and pleasant room that I have stayed this year! The staff was very accomodating. I am an early riser and the night clerk shared her coffee with me at 4am. The location was excellant, the continental breakfast was very fresh and the variety of choices was outstanding. You wot be disapointed with the service or accomdations when staying here! I loved it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank realtygroup
Clifton Park, NY
Reviewed October 17, 2010

This hotel is horrible. The walls are paper thin. We heard everyone walking by to get to the elevator & the loud conversations word for word of the people in the room above us. Thanks to them, we were up until 2a when we had to get up at 6a to drive home.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank RobinLamb
pattersonchad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the noise that disturbed your stay. We want our guests to have the best stay possible while with us, and I am sorry this was not your experience. Rest assured, we will follow-up on your concerns so that others do not share the same experience as you.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and we hope you will stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Denver, North Carolina
Reviewed September 30, 2010

The room was spacious and very clean! Having the refrigerator was great! Check-out time was convenient...no need to rush out in the morning. Speaking of morning, breakfast was wonderful. "To go" bags were even made available for those guests needing to get on the road. This was nice for the bikers in the are for the MS Breakaway to the Beach ride. But, the best part of the stay was the friendly staff, the cleanliness, and the price!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teacherpoet
Connectiuct
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Nice, clean hotel....nice location as well....there was Olive garden-which had good food....among other resturants nearby. Receptionist was polite-pool inside, small but o.k. exercise room for running-didn't see any weights though.....all around nice place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family