“Sweet place to spend the night:)”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed December 30, 2009

How many hotels can you find along I-95 that are quiet and actually have a wooded back area to look at? This place is awesome and has all the services in the area that you could need. Wonderful staff and great breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Loved the hotel and it was such a convenient location with shopping and restaurants nearby. The staff was exeptionally friendly and made us feel very welcome. Will certainly keep you in mind the next time we travel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank stevesmet
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I was at the new Holiday Inn Express, Saturday night 11/07/09, to get information about reserving a room for my daughter and 3 of her friends and a room for myself for the night of 11/27/09-this is going to be her little birthday slumber party.
Harry went above and beyond to show me a couple of the rooms and also a couple of the suites, needless to say this is a great hotel!!

I was very impressed with his professional approach to my needs for the date of 11/27/09; he was a lot more croutious than I have ever seen at other hotels.
A BIG + for your hotel and Harry, he is a great part of your team:)
thanks for the great service provided by him!
Phillip B. Boykin

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed for four nights and really enjoyed our stay.

Hotel is new and fresh - the breakfast room is particularly nice.

Our room was at the front of the hotel which overlooked a road that was surprisingly busy seeing as it wasn't a main road. Also better to be at the front of the hotel at the moment as there is a big building project underway to the rear of the property so not the nicest of views though there were no issues with noise. There was a bit of traffic noise at times but nothing to disturb us. The bathroom was a good size with plenty of counter space.

The indoor pool is very nice. A good size and very clean. It was nice to have a patio area, with loungers and chairs, off the pool so we were able to sit outside.

The hotel is walkable to the convention center and the cinema though we didn't visit either. A major plus is Indigo Joes next door. It is a fantastic bar/restaurant with outdoor as well as indoor seating. We ate their twice and on both occasions the food and service were excellent. Olive Garden and other restaurants nearby but not really walkable from the hotel.

Magnolia Mall shopping centre just a couple of minutes drive away with a very good selection of shops including department stores.

If I needed to visit Florence again I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Team_DC
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Stayed a night at this re-modeled hotel. Everything is new, large room, good breakfast, location right on I-95. I will recommend to others without any reservation.

Mo

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I agree that this property is worth every penny. Location was right off I-95 and near several restaurants: Longhorn Steakhouse, Chili's, Indigo Sports Pub, a movie theater next door. The hotel was impeccable. Room spacious and clean with everything you could ask for, HARRY (who checked us in) was courteous and did all he could to make sure we had a pleasant stay. I needed a fruit for my diet and he went out of his way to accomodate us. We will definitely keep this property in mind when travelling the corridor again. Exercise room and pool were great. The breakfast was very nice for a quick buffet. Omelets with cheese (pre-done but nice) and all the normal cereals, muffins, coffee, yogurt etc. Just great!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank floridonna
Reviewed August 10, 2009

The property is located right off of I-95, exit 160 A, near a host of hotels. It is right past the Florence Civic Center and within walking distance of a movie theatre and sports bar/pub (Indigo Joes). I had lunch there and it was nice - plenty of tvs - if you're dining alone, the tvs will surely keep you occupied.

The entrance to the hotel is very inviting and check-in was a breeze. The staff truly embodied "southern hospitality." I had a room with 2 queen beds with a window facing Radio Drive, so while there was some traffic, it was relatively quiet. If I stay here again, I'd try a room with a window facing the back (unless there's some new developments there). The room was a good size and contained your usual amenities (32' flat screen TV with good channel selections, nice linens and fluffy pillows on the beds-the pillowcases were stitched with 'soft' or 'firm', coffee maker, a large wall mirror that acts as a door to the closet, in-room safe, microwave, refrigerator, internet access, iron and ironing board). The bathroom was a nice size - 2 people could fit comfortably. The towels/washcloths were above average. A hair dryer and small toiletries were included.

The property also has a small indoor pool which goes up to 5 feet and a hot tub. The fitness center is very tiny, with only 2 treadmills, a recumbent bike and an elliptical machine. I didn't use any of these, just peeked in to cure my nosiness.

Breakfast was included with the stay and consisted of your standard breakfast fare - eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, muffins, yogurt, juices, cold cereals, and coffee. The breakfast room was very spacious and although there was a large crowd, it was rather quiet. An enjoyable experience.

The property is close to the Magnolia Mall (not quite walking distance for me) and there are a lot of eateries and shopping avaliable in close proximity. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo