Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Florence
lk23ny
“Perfect Stop-Over”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

Easy to locate off of I-95. Plenty of places to eat and shop in the area, including a sports bar about 100 yards away. Across from a mall with a Target and many other stores.

Very clean and looked brand new. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Indoor pool was clean with towels provided. Beds were comfortable and included pillows marked "soft" and "firm". Room was spotless and well-maintained.

Morning breakfast was great; good food with lots of choices.
Business area was open 24 hours with 2 computer stations and printers. WiFi was easily accessed in-room.
I would recommend this hotel 100%.
Perfect!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Holmdel, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

I booked this hotel because this is the midpoint stop on the way home from orlando to New Jersey . And of course, I had read other reviews on this forum. I had requested a quiet room ( away from the elevator and ice machine) at the time of the reservation. When I arrived at the hotel, the front desk staff told me that they read my request, and they put me on the top floor and almost at the end of the hallway at a quiet location. The " 37 " inches flat screen TV and the indoor pool were also a plus.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2009

Me and three friends stayed here for one night for a dental hygiene conference on February 13. I booked this hotel because of the reviews on this site, and I wasn't disappointed!
From checkin in to checking out, everything went great. The staff even split our payment four ways, AND recommended a place to get my tire fixed the next morning when I realized there was a huge nail in it and I must have hit something on I-95 the night before.

The rooms were spotlessly clean, looked brand new, and the comforters/linens were to die for. The beds felt fluffly and were so comfortable I slept straight thru the night! Bathrooms were your typical above average hotel showers/tub and toilet. Complete with toiletries.

The staff was so accomadating they even let us use the hot tub and pool for a little while after hours!

The hot complimentary continental breakfast was fantastic..not to be missed. There were pancakes, egg omlets, bagels, sausage, hot buscuits, french toast, waffles, anything you can imagine was there! Even a cold bar for cereal, toast, yogurt, chocolate and regular milk. I was very impressed! This was all for free! You couldn't have found a better breakfast anywhere else, and with a price that couldn't be beat!
My friends were so impressed with this hotel, I now am known as 'the' trip planner hehe!
(Thanks tripadvisor)

Please don't hesitate to book this hotel, I am so glad we used these guys because our school didn't even have it on the list of hotels for us to choose from!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TxGrrl
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2009

Writing this review from the property. I am in the middle of a long road trip from Virginia to Florida, needed a decent hotel near the halfway mark in my journey. I have to say that I am really impressed with this hotel. The physical condition is "like new", heated indoor pool, hot tub, my room is spotless. The bathrooms are beautiful with tasteful marble tile and granite surfaces. Bed looks very comfortable with 6 pillows of varying firmness. Room has 32" LCD TV with some HD channels, free wireless or wired internet. Sofa-bed, coffee maker, microwave, small refrigerator, and executive desk with proper chair.

Especially like the vaulted ceilings with large windows.

Highly Recommended.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank captseaton
Bethesda MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2008

I have relatives in Florence and have spent a fair amount of time here. Obviously, this does not purport to compete with high-end luxury or business-oriented hotels, but this is among the best low-priced, family oriented hotels I've ever stayed in. For what you get, it is a very good value and I've had worse stays at far more expensive hotels.

The property is only a few years old and still seems brand new. The rooms are extremely comfortable and clean. I have always paid a few dollars more for the "suite," (basically a very large room), and it comfortably fits both my wife and I and my toddler. This is one of the few hotels I have seen that not only has a HD TV, but also provides HD television service.

The hotel has a gym with a few cardio machines and a surprisingly good indoor pool. The free breakfast is plentiful and higher quality than it has any right to be. And the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Although Florence itself isn't much to write home about, the location is about as good as it gets. The hotel is right off a I-95 exit and next to a mall and a number of restaurants. For families doing the multi-day drive between the mid-Atlantic and Florida who are looking for a place to spend the night on the way, I would recommend considering this hotel.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ObsessedTraveller
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

My daughter and I were in town to visit my husband who's working in the Florence area (He's not staying here as it's too expensive for his per diem...DARN!) We needed a place with an indoor pool to keep a 4 year old happy. I walked in and couldn't have been happier. Check in was a breeze, our suite was a decent size and very nice, comfy beds, the grounds were well-kept, and the staff was very attentive. Breakfast was plentiful, but my daughter wanted to know "Why do all the eggs have cheese in them? YUCK!" LOL We had a very nice 2 night stay and will definitely be back if in that area again.

• Liked — everything was clean and new
  • Disliked — Can't really think of anything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank EmsMomTina
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

We stopped at this Holiday Inn as they are a pet friendly hotel.

I liked it because 1. They put us on the 1st floor with our vehicle parked immediately outside and 2. they had a very large mowed grassy area behind the hotel where you coudl take your dog 'on leash'.

I'd recommend this hotel for travellers with pets.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family