“Clean and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is a halfway point for us on our trips between Ft. Lauderdale and New Jersey, and this is the 2nd time we have stayed here. It's a convenient location, just off 95 and within walking distance of restaurants, a movie theater, and shopping. It's a little less expensive than the HIE north of Florence. We used points for our stay but with our AAA or senior discount the room would have been $118 + tax. We were checked in quickly and with courtesy. The room was spacious and very clean (and I'm very picky!) The bed was firm and comfortable and the pillows were much better than normal (we're both picky about pillows!) The breakfast was average hotel buffet fare, the eggs and bacon not that great, but a good variety, and hey, it's free. All in all, a good place where we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. It thrills us to know that our guests were pleased with their stay!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel is very well-kept and in a nice area. The rooms were large and the beds and pillows
were comfortable. The bathroom was a nice size and very clean. The breakfast area was very
big, and the selection of food was outstanding. There was plenty of room for guests to sit and
have a relaxing breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Your comments are so valuable to us! We strive our best each day to make our guests happy! We hope that you will stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The room was ok but the air conditioner did work real well. The blower did not work and it took a while to warm the room up. The continental breakfast had a good selection but they did not keep it well stocked.Location was right off I95 so it was an easy on off location. Will probably look for another place on next trip. This is the 2nd place in Florence that I was disappointed with.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

We apologize that your stay was not what you expected. We hope that you will give us another try!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I decided to stop in Florence SC after driving 8 hours on our way to Charleston. We chose the hotel because it was near rt 95 and convenient to continue our travel the next day.
We were welcomed warmly at the front desk and were given a room immediately. We were quite happy with the room and bath, which were very clean. The beds allowed us a wonderful night's sleep. Needless to say the hot and cold breakfast that was available was very welcome so we didn't have to go out to find a place to eat. the food was fresh and replenished frequently.
The room and breakfast came at a very fair price.
Just a note: We stayed at Holiday Inn Expresses in both Charleston and Savanna and can say the very same things about those hotels, also.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

We are very pleased that you were happy with your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

On our way back north we decided to stay in Florence SC Check in was a breeze and desk clerk Janelle was very pleasant. Nice size room with safe and refrigerator . Very easy to control climate.
Bathroom ample size. Beds very comfortable , pillows soft if you like that. Pleasant lobby and coffee , tea and fruit available all the time. Area is growing with new stores and restaurants . Visited the magnolia mall , which was a few minutes away . Breakfast was included the next morning . You could make your own pancakes, or toast bagels. Cereal , muffins, fruit , juices. Very nice. All in all a nice stop for a weary traveler. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are thrilled that your stay went so well. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was a great Holiday Inn Express. The place was very clean and the breakfast in the morning was awesome and very well stocked. I was very pleased with our stay there and will stay there again. The staff was very friendly and they have USA Today which I love to get in hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us! Your comments mean so much to us! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed overnight on the trip from Florida back north. We had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Fredericksburg on the way down so wanted to try this. It was nice, clean and beds comfortable. The breakfast was great since we were on the road and we didn't have to stop for awhile. overall well worth the stop!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

We thank you for choosing to stay with us on your travels! We are delighted that everything went well for you and we hope to see you on your return trip. Thanks so much!