Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed overnight on the trip from Florida back north. We had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Fredericksburg on the way down so wanted to try this. It was nice, clean and beds comfortable. The breakfast was great since we were on the road and we didn't have to stop for awhile. overall well worth the stop!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

We thank you for choosing to stay with us on your travels! We are delighted that everything went well for you and we hope to see you on your return trip. Thanks so much!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stopped here overnight on a drive up from Florida to NY. The weather was uncharacteristically cold and rainy, and we we're so happy to arrive at a welcoming and warm place. It was our first stay at any Holiday Inn. The driveway, which is covered in part, is very close to the lobby, which was great because we had a ton of stuff to bring in. Check-in was effortless. The hotel was very clean, bright, and the rooms are spacious with all amenities. In a comfy room with a large-screen tv, complimentary breakfast is available, as is hot coffee/tea/chocolate any time of day or night. This hotel is centrally located to many restaurants shops and a movie theatre (which we didn't have time to take advantage of). Both gentlemen at the front desk were wonderful and so accommodating. Finally, I left my leather jacket and keys in the room closet. By the time I realized this I was halfway to NY. I called, spoke with Jessie Stewart, he was on it and within minutes, the staff found my jacket and they sent it fedex overnight (per my request, my charge). I have stayed at many hotels from low to high end, and I can highly recommend this Holiday Inn. Will stay there again next year!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back face the forest area a distance away, if you like that view over some roads an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

It thrills our staff to hear that our guests had an excellent stay at our property! We would love to see you again if you are traveling in the near future. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stay for two nights at this establishment and was please the room was cleaned pretty good, there was two problems: they did not honor the hang your towel up to save the environment deal and there was a glob(blue , like toothpaste) of something on the floor that I didn't put there and it was still there when I left. Other than that it was nice. The breakfast was very good. The cookies when you come in at night was very nice also.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel! Also, we thank you for your comments. We are a "Green" property and do participate in all the programs so I'm not sure why we failed you on this. We take your comments very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Clean comfortable rooms, fantastic shower pressure, impressive breakfasts and friendly staff. One disappointment was the pool being closed - a major reason for our stay. Too bad there wasn't an arrangement with another hotel during the repair. The good news is Jesse was proactive with a room rate credit. That's the kind of great customer service that will make us return guests.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

We appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. I'm pleased to know that everything was nice and clean and that our staff was great. I do apologize for the pool being down. We are repainting our pool and it will be down for one week. Our staff should have informed you that you could have used our Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn pools. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Selected this hotel by the reviews from tripadvisor and so far it's been a good choice. We booked through our Capital One mileage points (low point usage), and the hotel is a little further than the main cluster right off of I-95 & 1-20, but when I say that it's only .6 miles from a lot of restaurants, and a mall, target and kohls.

The hotel pool was under maintenance so we couldn't use it, which was a bummer. But we weren't necessarily here for the swimming. The hotel seems to be quiet and clean. I've never been disappointed with holiday inn express hotels, so I'm hoping this one will be good as well.

There is a breakfast for free, but I think it's light fare. Which is fine. Enough to get us on the road and out.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with our property! We apologize for the pool maintenance while you stayed with us but we can assure you that the pool is in tip top shape and ready to go for the season! We hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again very soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after driving 12 hours from Key Largo. Clean room, good breakfast, shower head needed to be changed but everything else was good. Vending machines had drinks for only $1! Staff were not very pleasant at night but AM staff were lovely.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank LizzzieG
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

We appreciate your comments and more importantly we appreciate your loyalty in choosing to stay at our property! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stopped here on our way to Florida. We couldn't have asked for better luck. Conveniently located just off I95 with easy access to gas station/convenience stores. Given the location, I expected rip off pricing. Wrong. I can't recall the exact price but it was very reasonable. Rooms were clean and comfortable, free breakfast buffet was excellent, pool was clean (water temp was perfect), and the staff was very friendly and courteous. It will definitely be my rest stop on my next trip to Florida.

PS. If you're towing a trailer there is room to park at the rear of the building.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

It thrills our staff to know that your stay was as you expected from our service to your accommodation's! We hope that you will stay with us again if you are in our area.