Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Sarasota, FL
“Excellent overnight”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Close to I-95, this is a very nice spot midway between the Northeast and south Florida. There are number of restaurants (real restaurants, not fast food places) close by. Friendly desk staff, very clean rooms, and a complimentary breakfast overseen by Vivian who keeps the dining room spotless and the food hot and fresh. I generally like Holiday Inn Express properties, and this one is one of the best I have seen.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We truly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. It is guests such as yourselves that make us work even harder. Just knowing that we made your trip more enjoyable means so much to us! We hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New Jersey
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel six times now and have nothing but good things to say about it. Great location right off I-95 exit 161. The rooms are clean and comfortable, a full, free breakfast is offered daily. Food is also very fresh as they do not let it sit around like in other hotels. The hotel also features a business center, indoor pool and jacuzzi! The staff is always very courteous and friendly. It costs a little more than most hotels in the area, but it's worth it if you ask me. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to or from Florida to/from the northeast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and staff. We take pride in making our guests feel that they get what they deserve! We hope to see you again very soon!
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband was running a half marathon in Florence and this hotel was one of the closest to the start of the event. The hotel was situated in a fairly lively party of town, lots of restaurants and a mall which we actually had to go to due to my husband needing some items for his race the next day. The Dick's Sporting Goods was huge! The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and even wished my husband good luck at his race. The beds were comfortable and linens clean as well. Breakfast the next morning offered a lot of continental items along with hot oatmeal and pancakes. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you kindly for letting us know that your expectations were met at our hotel! We hope that your marathon was a success for you! Please let us know if we can be of service to you again!
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed here on 3 separate occasions now. Each time I stay here I am thoroughly pleased. Check in is always simple and painless. The rooms are super clean. No hair in the bathroom which is something you always see in hotels. Not here! When we go out for the day housekeeping cleans the room and returns it to check in state(minus our bags). Most hotels they just throw a few clean towels in and straighten up a little. Not here. CLEAN. I will be staying here in the future on return trips.

It is also centrally located right off of the 95/20 split and has a shopping mall across the street and lots of eating establishments close by(I recommend the BBQ brisquet sandwich at firehouse subs)!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments! It is guests, such as yourself, that make us proud to do our jobs! Being acknowledged for our performance means to the world to our staff! Thank you once again and we hope to see you again very soon!
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 29, 2013

During a recent trip, my son left items in the hotel room at checkout. When informed, the staff immediately located the items and shipped them to us the very next day. The several staff members who assisted us were helpful and gracious in solving a problem that they did not create. Their service exceeded our expectations.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments concerning your son's recent stay with us! We were more than happy to return the item back to him because we understand that this happens to all of us! You have been so gracious in letting us know how important this was to you. We hope to be able to accommodate your or your family again very soon!
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We were in town just for one night attending our friends' wedding. Property was immaculate, service was above average and staff were friendly. Great breakfast in the lobby prior to our departure. We have definitely found our hotel of choice when business or pleasure bring us back to Florence, SC.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Your comment's are invaluable to us and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your recent stay was! Our guests are what we are all about and it is nice to hear that you were treated as you should have been. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is one of my favorite spots right off of I95. The housekeeping keeps this property very nice and the front desk staff are superbly trained. Monique at the front desk helped my husband and I and that had to be the fastest most efficient check in we ever experienced. She even gave us directions to a great restaurant not far from the hotel. This hotel sets the standard in customer service and whenever we are in town, we will be sure to make this hotel our first choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your kind comments in regards to our hotel staff and property! The fact that you return time after time re-enforces that our staff goes above and beyond for our guests! We look forward to your return visit!