“Great overnight option”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were on our way up I-95 and needed a place to stay the night. As other's have mentioned, although it was a bit pricier than other hotels in the area, we were very pleased we stayed here. Breakfast was great....so nice not to have to pay another bill on top of the cost of the hotel room. The room was a bit beaten up, but it was clean, quiet, and comfortable, so we were fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Despite being a pricier option, we were very pleased with this choice for one night during our road trip. The location was SO convenient - right at I-95 and I-20, with lots of dining and shopping options nearby, along with the civic center and a cinema within a stone's throw! The indoor pool was an added bonus after a long day of travel. Did not use the spa. We also enjoyed the patio off the pool area. The front desk staff was friendly, recognized our status as a rewards member with bottles of water and offered suggestions for dinner. Check out the cookies at the front desk - yummy! We opted for a handicap accessible room to accommodate my husband's post-surgical limitations and found the room large, spacious with everything we needed and easily accessible. The beds were comfy and we found everything in the room to be in good working order, very clean, towels good size and soft for hotel towels. The counter space and storage options in the bathroom were wonderful, allowing me to have my "lady products and cosmetics" right at hand without having to move them from place to place. All in all - it was a nice respite after a long day of driving. We would stay there again - no doubt.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review on your stay at our property! It's guests, such as yourself, that give us the info. that we need to continue giving our guests a great stay time after time!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a duplicate review. for some reason when I wrote the original review it would not let me add it under my regular username so I created another...4nzic. Here it is again:

From my initial phone call to my checkout, my Holiday Inn Express experience was AWESOME!!! I had recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for the first time (London/UK) and although the staff were very friendly and bent over backwards for us, I just didn't find the level of quality in the rooms that I have come to expect when I travel at my timeshare (I'm a spoiled Worldmark Owner.) and my favorite chain hotel Marriott. So let's just say that I decided that that was my first and last Holiday Inn Express stay.

Flash forward to July 4 weekend when at the last minute my family of three decided to take a drive from Georgia to South Carolina to visit my mother. We recently made a major move from Southern California to Georgia so to say we are still tired is an understatement. LOL! Anyway, I called the hotel with a number of questions I had and some clarification of some amenities that I saw on the website. I got the front desk person named Adam and it was late evening but from the initial call to the end he was as upbeat and personable as if it were a bright sunny day. Typically when one calls a hotel that time of night the staff sound as if you just woke them up. LOL! Adam answered all of my questions and even asked what time we would be arriving and to see him when we got there and he'd help us get settled in!

After a 4 1/2 hour drive we arrived the next morning to the hotel, there was Adam front and center at the front desk smiling and greeting us with a big warm welcome. I identified myself as having spoken to him on the phone the night before and he amped up his politeness even more!!! I felt like we were his new family. ROTFL! He helped us get checked in and explained all the hotel particulars to us and we were off to our room which was super clean, smelled fresh, and everything was in working condition and more importantly not worn....nothing looked as if the furniture had been there since Holiday Inn came into business. LOL. We felt very comfortable.

I'd also like to give a shout out to the housekeeping staff as well because they were always inviting, asking whether we needed anything, and even took the time to talk to my husband and I and our 2 yr old. We travel a lot and typically housekeeping staff are usually 'tired' and act like they hate their jobs and look as if they will cut you if you dare ask them for an extra towel. LOL. Not the housekeeping staff here, they were awesome as well.

I didn't partake in the complimentary breakfast but my husband did and he said it was FANTASTIC he travels a lot for business and he says he'd never seen such an extensive complimentary breakfast assortment. The one thing I did enjoy that he brought me from the breakfast area was bacon (I'm a baconholic.) and that surprised me because most hotel complimentary breakfasts only serve greasy or 20 day old looking sausages.

Oh, and I don't know if all the rooms are this way but we stayed in an Executive and it had a mini fridge, microwave, and a cabinet that was fully stocked with napkins, plates, cups, and plastic eating utensils. I have never seen a hotel room stocked like that. The last place I stayed in an Executive room just had a microwave and fridge and that's it. I had to go out and buy napkins, plates etc.

My experiences at this Holiday Inn Express has definitely renewed my faith in the brand. I would definitely stay here on future trips to South Carolina (my mom doesn't have internet and my husband needs the internet for work which is why we stayed in a hotel for those wondering :). Because of my experiences here, I will give Holiday Inn Express definite consideration when my plans require that I stay at a chain hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for expressing your thoughts on your recent stay with us! We are so happy that you chose to stay with us again! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were driving down from Northern Virginia to Savannah, GA and picked Florence, SC as a midway stop point. We just needed a clean, quiet room to rest after travelling all day. Easy check in, clean, well equipped room. The breakfast was average - not enough seating for the number of guests at the hotel. It was hard for the staff to keep breakfast items stocked.

The beds were comfortable and the room was clean - including the bathroom. Front desk service was professional and responsive.

Room Tip: I always try to get the top floor just to avoid heavy footsteps in the room above. Hallway noise is...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike N
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We thank you for staying at our hotel on your recent travel through our area. Your comments are always welcome. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Front desk clerk, JESSE, was GREAT! Jesse was professional, cordial and very helpful. The hotel was CLEAN, comfortable and inviting both inside and out! The only downside is that there was only 1 TINY washer and dryer but on a positive note, it was FREE! Will definitely stay at this location again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

We appreciate you acknowledging Jessie for his awesome guest service skills. He is a very valuable part of our team and we are fortunate to have him on our staff. Thank you for your comments and for staying with us!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The stay was great. Service was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and cozy; I would only suggest upgrading mattresses to softer structure. Breakfast was amazing (five stars for that- hell of a way to wake up) and our checkout was swift. Very enjoyable stay. Serves as the perfect example for other chains to follow.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank XDZ17
Robin3440, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

We thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at our property. We try our best to make sure that all of our guests are comfortable and well-taken care of! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I always enjoy a Holiday Inn Express while on road trips. One knows what to expect as far as room etc an most often they have a great breakfast, My recent stay was no exception. We had originally stopped at another hotel just 20 miles away. BUt they were filled due to a graduation in area.
We were reminded that another Holiday Inn Express was just 18 miles away. The front desk called to make sure they held the LAST ROOM for us!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mt6820
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us! It makes us smile to know that your expectations were meet at our hotel. We hope to see you again very soon!