Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
$93
$88
$125
Hampton.com
All reviewsfront deskpancake machinecivic centerlooked brand newindoor poolmovie theaterhot tubfree breakfastbreakfast roombooked this hoteldefinitely stay here againfrom nyafter a long dayyogurtovernight staypleasant staynew jersey
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am a Travel Agent and this is the best Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed in...Can
highly recommend this to anyone...But I think Monique at the desk truly made the stay.
A wonderful smile and happy voice welcomes you to the establishment...she knows the area
and gave a great recommendation for dinner. As you depart a cheery goodbye.
HOLIDAY INN MANAGMENT...NEED TO KEEP THIS YOUNG LADY IN YOIR SIGHTS
ALSO..this location is outstanding....an award might be in order

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments of Monique. She is truly a gem and a valuable employee to our staff. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My mom told me this morning she never sleeps well in hotels, but had a great nights sleep here. The pillows come in firm and soft and are labeled which she said was a nice touch. Breakfast was good with some healthy options and fresh pancakes for served as well.

• Stayed: June 2013
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel! It is guests like you that make our hard work worth while. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel before and my husband and I will continue to stay here. Attended a recent conference at the civic center and stayed at this hotel that is a short distance away. The king size bed and room were very roomy and comfortable. The AC worked wonderfully and was not loud. There was a family with small children next door and the only time we heard them was when they were leaving/entering the room. Nice indoor pool and hot tub located on first floor along with a decent workout room. There is a nice free breakfast available. Only thing is that because we were there for a conference, the dining area was always full. The food was surprisingly good. One note, if you want pancakes, put your plate at the end (on the right) of the appliance. That is where the pancakes come out. If you don't, your pancakes will fall on the counter. I realize that this is free but I do wish that there had been some fruit - bananas, grapes or the like. Will continue to stay here if possible. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Many restaurants close by (Olive Garden, Longhorn, Waffle House, just a few) but maybe not so much within walking distance. There is a movie theater located very close and shopping (Home Depot & Kohl's) across the street and across the highway from the hotel (Magnolia Mall, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Petco. etc.) Friendly staff - elected to stay an additional day and they were able to accommodate us. When received the bill on the last day, there was an error and they corrected with no problems. Very good customer service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

We thank you for electing to stay at our property during the conference. It was a wonderful group and we enjoyed accommodating everyone! I do apologize for there being no fruit available. We do provide fresh fruit every morning and unfortunately the demand was more than the supply. You can be assured that we will have plenty on backup for the next convention. Thanks again for staying with us. Your business is very important to us!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Rooms were clean, the pool was clean. The staff that checked us in was great. The staff that checked us out? Well, let's see she was getting her coffee in the breakfast area. I stood there 3 minutes when one of the other workers went in there & got her, about 3 minutes later she showed up. I am in the c.s. industry & usually you stop getting coffee to help a customer. I guess she was literally on a coffee break that was not to be disturbed.
The breakfast was good as well.
Price was a little high, I thought for being out of the beaten path and there being no conventions. But, we were tired, so we stopped. I would recommend for a stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you sharing your experience while staying at our hotel. Our guests are invaluable to us and we want to do all that we can to make sure their stay is exceptional! We apologize for our staff not being available to you as you walked up to our desk. You can be sure that this will not occur on your next visit. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is 30 minutes from Darlington Raceway. Nonetheless, they double their prices when there is a race(not a race fan - I was told there was a weekend race by the hotel). Unsuspecting travelers on I-95 should avoid this hotel and Florence. Either stay overnight before Florence or after Florence. When I questioned the price when I checked-in - the front desk told me they were sold-out (there could not have been more than 10 cars in the entire parking lot at 9p). When I checked out the next morning, I again inquired about a $200 charge for a budget hotel and was again told it was because it was sold out. I had gone outside at 6:30a and again the parking lot was practically empty. Save yourself from the Holiday Inn Express and Florence rip off. Just keep driving. What a rip off.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jptampa
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

I am so sorry that you felt this way about our hotel. We have 1 (one) Special Event weekend during the entire year and it is for the Nascar Race on Mothers Day weekend. I am sure that you are aware that Special Events do occur for the hotel industry and that rates are generally more during that time for all hotels. The reason that you did not see many cars in our parking lot was because we have 3 Nascar teams that stay with us and they are at the race track at 9pm due to the race beginning at 7pm that evening. The teams always pay for these rooms whether their team members decide to stay here or not. It was unfortunate that you came to our hotel on that one particuliar weekend of the entire year.Forty five minutes either direction on I-95 would have gotten you out of the Special Event area where the price would have been more affordable for you. We are proud of our facilitiy, amenities and staff and know that our guests receive an awesome guest experience when staying with us! We hope that you will stop by on your next trip through our area so that you can expereince this as well!