“Nice for business travel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 17, 2008

Although this hotel would be optimal for the business traveler, my husband, daughter and I stayed one night while driving to Florida for spring break. The room was very clean, beds were comfortable, water pressure in shower was good, free wireless internet in room and modern TV were great. Our room was on an interior hallway. Free continental breakfast was good (clean, plentiful), and absolutely standard for Holiday Inn Express brand. We used Priority Club points (Holiday Inn program), but it was probably worth the $111 we were quoted on the return if we had been able to take advantage of the breakfast for three.

Reviewed February 22, 2008

This hotel looks nice, but it has a severe problem with noise. Around 6:30 PM a band setup in the breakfast area. The band and the associated religious gathering continued until 11:00 PM. The entire hotel could hear and feel the band and those involved with the gathering. Needless to say, this ruined the evening for me. Once the band and the gathering were finished you had to contend with slamming doors and noise in the hallways. I will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Very good value. Nice staff, great bar and perfect location.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeCrowner
Reviewed November 25, 2007

From CT to Florida we stayed both going and returning. Rooms were spotless, staff was great, don't bother going to indigo joes next door (which is what the lady at the desk hinted at when I asked her how the food was) Next time I will listen!! Use the room card to get a free apetizer at Chili's. Pool and whirlpool were excellent, breakfast was pretty good. Originally I was fooled by thinking the location was going to be in a downtown area because of the civic center......it appears to be a small arena which was not used both nights we stayed. I even think there was security making rounds.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2007

Stayed overnight in this hotel on the way from NY to FL. Very nice accomodations, and I'm a hotel neurotic! The staff was very friendly and gave a great recommendation for dinner, Percy & Willies (or something to that affect). Room was very nice and clean. Nice, clean bathroom. Very quiet, didn't hear other guests or tv's, etc. Bed was very comfortable. Decor very nice. Looked brand new. Breakfast was not much, but I don't really look for that to begin with. They had muffins, bacon, juice, fruit, coffee, tea, cereal. Grabbing a cup of coffee to go and a muffin was fine with me. The area of Florence seems to be very nice too. Lots of stores around and restaurants. On my trip back to NY I stayed in Roanoke Rapids, NC, which did not compare at all to this area. I wished I had booked the return trip in this hotel instead, but it wouldn't have gotten me far enough up north on the first day of travel. If it had, I definitely would have stayed here again. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank NYtravel21
Reviewed September 3, 2007

stayed here for one night on way from Virginia to Hilton Head, its a great place to stop for the night. Hotel is brand new, clean , efficient staff in great location just off I 95. Room was pleasant, a bit small but ok for one night, air conditioning was loud, apart from that no complaints. Breakfast not that great, its all disposable plates and cutlery etc, but for what you pay its fine.

Go to Percy and Willies just down the road for a meal, it was great. Also there's a mall just across the road which is good for a wander round and stretch your legs after such a lot of driving.

Wouldn't want to spend a long time at this hotel but its great for what you pay and what you need from a layover hotel. Also I emailed the hotel before arrival, they were always great, very quick to answer and happy to help with requests.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Stayed here based upon Trip Advisor reviews. The hotel looks brand new, rooms were clean and staff was accomodating. A great hotel has to provide a decent nights rest; the beds were comfortable with decent pillows. I rented a queen suite which to my suprise was not as big as I had hoped for. The website photos made the room appear larger than is was. The complimentary breakfast was nice, everything is self-service-don't expect IHOP. The best thing going for this hotel is it's location. It's next door to a movie theatre, 3 traffic lights from the biggest mall in town, and you're near all of the well-known eateries Red lobster, Outback etc...

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family