“Clean, Well-Managed, and An Extra Helping Hand”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent the night here in November, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The place is clean, up-to-date, and well-appointed. The breakfast was super, and the variety being offered was amazing -- both hot and cold food. We were upgraded because of our Priority Club Platinum membership, and we'll definitely stay here again.

Now for that "extra helping hand" ... for some stupid reason, I left an expensive leather jacket behind when we checked out. Upon arriving at our destination, I discovered my mistake and immediately called back to the Holiday. Front desk rep Jessie told me that housekeeping had turned in the jacket that morning (thank goodness!), and he'd be glad to send it along to me. Long story short ... a day later, my jacket was in hand and I was giving my Thanksgiving thanks for Jessie, the Florence Holiday employees, its helpful manager (Chad), and an inn-keeping culture that fosters honesty, customer care, and efficiency.

Highly recommended and we'll be back. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: The pool is a lovely and welcome addition, but it CAN get a little noisy -- so, you might want to ke...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Robin3440, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our property. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service, along with excellent accommodations! Thanks also for being a Platinum member in our Priority Club. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Returning to Florida from my son's wedding we stayed at this hotel. When we arrived at 11pm at the night we were greeted with a very friendly front desk clerk. Check in was easy, the room was clean and comfortable and quiet. I must commend Lisa in the breakfast area as she was the most positive person I have ever met. She was all by herself and had a smile on her face and a great breakfast! Even though this hotel is tucked away from l-95 its worth the small drive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Your comments are appreciated very much! Please stop in again if you are in our area!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I try to stay exclusively at Marriott property's but I have stayed here a few times when the other properties were full. This is an extremely nice hotel, very comfortable, and excellent staff. The only reason I don't stay here more is because I get a better corporate discount at the Marriott properties.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3 rd floor, it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I am glad we have had the opportunity to have you as our guest. Even More, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and all we have to offer. We would love to have you with us more often, and we also offer many competitive coprorate rates as well. Feel free to stop in and talk to Jessie Stewart or myself, and we can renegotiate a rate with your companies travel history in mind!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently made reservations for my son, his wife and their twin kids. for the 20th of October for one(1)night. They were very happy with the front office staff and even received a free upgrage since I am a Priority Club (Platinum)Member. Their free breakfast had a nice variety of items to choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I am so happy that your son and his family had such a wonderful stay!! It's great to hear that we could do so much to make their stay so enjoyable. As a Platinum Priority Club member, we especially enjoy hearing from you. We so to see your and your family again in the near future!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Adam and Monique were at the front desk during my visit, and both combined to make an amazing tag team that helped me with my requests. They were friendly, curious, and extremely customer focused. Not only did they help me with what I asked, they went above and beyond to make sure that I was extremely satisfied and well taken care of.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the kind words. I always enjoy hearing when my staff is going above and beyond our expectations. We strive to give each of our guests the best experience possible while they are visiting with us. Adam and Monique have always been a great asset to my Guest Services staff and I will definitely let them know their exceptional customer service was recognized. We especially enjoy hearing from you. The insight you provide helps to make our hotel a Quality Excellent hotel.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Exceeded our expectations; we usually stay at the Hampton Inn, but found the rooms, breakfast, pool and overall quality of the Holiday Inn to be better. We had a great experience and will be staying here when we come back to Florence.

• Stayed: August 2012
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

I am so glad that your stay with us was "SUPER". We try to ensure that all of our guests have a fantastic stay! Thank you for letting us know that we exceeded your expectations!! We can not wait to have you staing with us again when you come back thru!! We look forward to it... Until then.....

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were traveling home from a funeral in Alabama and when booked online this hotel came up as pet-friendly. Word to the wise it is not pet friendly, however, the hotel clerk allowed us to stay there when I offered to pay $100.00 for the cleaning of the carpeting in the room from our pets for the one night. I wouldn't under normal circumstances have done that but it was late, we had just driven 8 hours after a very sad event, and needed to rest. Although the room reservation stated we had pets and a disability requesting a 1st floor or low floor, we ended up on the 3rd floor near the elevator, ice machines, and vending area. A room door that you could hear everything through and I mean everything allowed the pets to bark at every noise that didn't allow for a restful night. The room rate was high compared to other places we had just stayed at for this travel which were suites in the true sense of the word. The property itself is set back from the interstate and other hotels/motels. The grounds appeared well kept from what one could see in the early evening. The elevator sounded as though it was on its last legs each time we took it. The lobby are was clean as was the room we were in. Will not return for we travel with our pets and a place that won't normally accept them is not for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment while staying with us. Our hotel has always been a pet free hotel. I have checked all of our company web sites and they all state as such. If you could please provide us with the 3rd party site that states we accept pets, I will be sure to get in touch with them to correct this issue so that other guests are not mislead as you were. We do our best to accommodate guest requests as to floor preference. Sometimes, however, due to occupancy we are not able to honor all requests. i know it is important to have a room which meets your specific needs, and I know that it becomes an unpleasant experience when you have to settle for less than you want. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your concerns with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please email us with the 3rd party website which is using the incorrect pet information to hiexsflorence@gmail.com. Thank you!