Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Terrible!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel about 3 times on my way down to florida but on July 15 I had a really terrible experience I had the lady at the desk very rude to us-I found a bug in the room and when I called her i said i could bring down or she could come upstairs - she came and when she got there she laughed at us like we were idiots calls my room at 9:02 to say she has a noise complaint - we littlerly were walking around in our rooms -walls must be paper thin or we have people snooping and listening through the doors gross-when she got in the room after we called about the bug she laughed right in our faces we asked to be moved she was nasty rude and said why! Then when i told her i was upset on how she treated me she said yeah i did laugh in a very threatning way-will never stay here or any holiday inn express ever again! And trust me I am calling corporate when i return terrible on how a guest is treated I will never ever again stay here& if I was anyone else I would never stay in this one ever either

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Cherylduignan
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations. We will review the incident and be sure that it will be corrected. Please stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My daughter and I stopped her for one night on a recent trip. Room was pricey at $130 a night for just mysef and daughter. There are at least 8 hotels on the same road that I'm sure would of been better and cheaper but we were tired and we've used HIE before and were happy. Got to the room and the carpet was disgusting with stains all over it. Bathtub was dirty. AC rattled all night long. Breakfast in the morning was mediocore at best with no one around to refresh items or ask for something. We left a brand new beach towel in the room by accident and were told it would be over $20 to have it mailed back home (about 3 hours away). What a rip off! Will not used this location again! Oh yes, and the doors to the rooms slam shut no matter what you do so each person that leaves in the morning wakes up the rest of the hallway.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear jeanroot,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I am glad that you found our location convenient. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments about the bathtub, the carpet, and the Air Conditioner have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
South Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I needed to find a place to stay locally after an intense storm knocked out power to my neighborhood. This Holiday Inn was just a few miles from my residence. I needed to have my mother in an air conditioned area becasue of her medical issues. What a great hotel! The staff were extremely nice and courteous. The room was very clean and maintained and we also enjoyed the breakfast before returning home. I was hoping that the power was still out so we could spend another night here! If is have friends who are traveling thorugh Florence and need to place to stay, I now know where to send me. I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling on I-95 or 1-20.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
WOW, thank you so much for the kind words. I am thrilled that we could help you out in your time of need. We tried to anticipate our guest coming in who lost power, and it is great to see that our efforts paid off! Thank you again and we hope to see you and some of the people you send our way soon!!
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I drove many hours on 95 and I was ready for a break. I had never been to this part of SC but I just wanted to rest. I ended up at this Holiday Inn Express and I was very happy with this hotel. It is very clean and the rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The breakfast is nothing extraordinary but it is not bad either. They have good coffee and juices and a few other things. Enough to get your energy back before you get on the road again. For the price I will say is it a great place to stay at. The only bad thing was that there are not too many places to eat nearby. If you are hungry, you better eat someplace else before you get here. There are only two places to eat near this hotel and they are not great choices either. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and efficient. I will recommend this place to other travelers driving on 95.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChadPatterson, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florence I-95 & I-20 Civic Ctr, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
I want to thank you for the review, however, i think you are reviewing the other Holiday Inn Express in Florence. We have many resturants beside our hotel: Chilis, Olive Garden, Longhorns, Outback, just to name a few. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotels. It's guests like you that help to make our hotels Great hotels that Guests love!
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was my second time staying here. I drive an hour and a half just to get away from my children and hectic life and get a PEACEFUL NIGHTS REST!! Staff is always so helpful and friendly...no matter who I encounter. Ideal location for everything. Beds sleep awesome. See you guys in a few weeks!!

• Stayed May 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Great hotel, great service, great rooms, wonderful internet service. Great staff very friendly and Mr. Al was very helpful answering my questions. Great service for breakfast. 100% the best hotel and safe, good location. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Higher floors and executive rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We had just left an unpleasant hotel in Daytona Beach after a week of almost no sleep due to the noise there. We checked in at 11:00 pm, enjoyed the clean shower and the clean comfortable beds. We asked for the quietest area of the hotel and we must have gotten it, because we did not hear a peep all night long! Very nice breakfast, nice attendant, close to gas for fill up and right back on I-95 in a matter of minutes. I do wish the price had not been so high, but it was worth it for a good night's sleep!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family