“Great Hotel with Great Breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Florence
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Wanting to break up my solo drive from Virginia to Hilton Head, I chose this hotel based upon Trip Advisor reviews. I was not disappointed. Although I used Hilton Honors points for both visits, I would gladly pay the slightly higher rates (compared to nearby hotels). The location is convenient to I-95, yet far enough away that you don't have the interstate noise. I found the front staff to be very helpful and friendly. The hotel and the rooms are clean and stylishly decorated. All rooms have a microwave, mini fridge, and two free bottles of drinking water. The ventilation system is quiet when on and smooth when cutting off/on. However, it did not have a separate fan lever, which I like since I want a consistent white noise sound. Ask for a room on the back side if any type of street noise bothers you and/or you don't travel with a fan to help block light sounds. Breakfast is a separate cost and was the best $7.95 I have ever spent. I'm surprised that some reviewers have complained about the cost. Where else can you order any a hot breakfast off the menu(delicious omelets) and eat anything off the breakfast bar for $7.95? That price includes coffee and juice. Patti was a delightful server. The food quality was superior to the typical free continental breakfast in many hotels, and the dining area is very attractive. If you want a fantastic dinner, seek out Red Bone Alley restaurant in Florence. It's about five stoplights from the hotel and has the best Shrimp and Grits north of Charleston. Daniel's service and personality exuded true southern hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed here on our trip home (Maryland) from Florida. It was very close to I-95. There are tons of restaurants and a Target nearby. My kids were tired of being couped up in the car, so they hit the pool! The pool and fitness center were clean and well equipped. We ate at the hotel in spite of all the places to choose from within walking distance...a little more money than I wanted to spend but the food was excellent. This place was very nicely appointed and classy. The staff were super-friendly, too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I was en route to visit friends in Charleston and randomly selected this Hilton as a stopover and it was the best! Immaculate, friendly staff, best ribs I've had in years, and what was even more exceptional was that when I could not get closed captions on my TV, the front desk sent someone up immediately with the master remote control to set the captions for me. I will definitely stay there again - everything was perfect, including the power shower!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank SpringfieldBonnie
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This hotel was wonderful, The rooms were clean, The staff was friendly and the breakfast was delicious. A great place to rest after a long drive, My husband and I arrived to the hotel pretty late (1am) and the receptionist was all smiles and had our room all ready for us. Will def come back if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marisariel
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on our way to/from Florida. The front desk staff was very nice and I very much appreciated the follow up email I received from the Manager after completing the online survey. Kids enjoyed the pool. Restaurants across street made getting dinner easy and quick. We did not eat breakfast in the hotel because we left before 6am. Complimentary coffee was ready upon check out which helped to get the day started!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mm126NY
jtvaughn, manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2010

Thank you for your stay and dinning in our restaurant. We hope that our quality of service will keep you coming back.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

This hotel is located in the middle of plenty of restaurants, shopping and other hotels. The staff was incredibly friendly and eager to chat and help. Pool is small but clean. Rooms are big with nice pillows. We were only in for the night but with a Target nearby, I was able to handle a errand or two while the family relaxed. Breakfast was very well-priced and decent, too. Fresh fruit - good omelette. Each person we came in contact with from the front desk to the hostess to the waitstaff was so friendly and thoughtful. Really a treat! Neutrogena products in the bathroom, quiet sheets, Starbucks coffee, full bar with TV in lobby and soft towels - in case you lke to know these things!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank vagrosses

I'm glad you were able to get some shopping done we have a great location for our guest to venture and find the brands that they love to shop at. Thank you for commending our staff on displaying the best hospitality service.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Nice, clean hotel. Good service and a comfy room. Food ordered from room service was decent.

The value though is suspect - I paid an extra $7 for a larger room (!) that didn't seem larger, and of course breakfast isn't free. I knew about the breakfast going in, of course, but figured we'd try it since we didn't have many other options in Florence on the way to Florida.

A good stay overall but for the money we spent - over $100 - not sure we got our money's worth.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family