Hilton Garden Inn Florence
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Florence(Florence)
Residence Inn Florence(Florence)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelroom was cleansouth carolinaenjoyed my staystaff was very friendlybusiness centersouthern hospitalityafter a long dayindoor poolcookiesdefinitely stay here againlots of restaurantslong driveconvenient locationgreat stoproad trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2008

While I cannot review the actual property, I would like to comment on the experience I had with a front desk clerk while I attempted to make a reservation. I called into the hotel directly to book two rooms; one handicapped and one standard. We are traveling over the Thanksgiving holidays and due to an elderly family member traveling with us, we required the handciapped room. The gentleman at the front desk was extremely rude, which is not typical of a Hilton Hotel. He informed me that if a handicapped room was available, it could not be guaranteed. In 10 years of traveling and needing handiapped rooms, this was a first at the Hilton. When I questioned the front desk about this and asked if it was new policy, I was laughed at and put on hold for close to 10 minutes. When he returned to the phone, he insisted that Hilton cannot guarantee any rooms. I asked about the rooms that were showing up online many of which were handicapped and why those couldn't be reserved. He proceeded to tell me that those rooms are by request only and cannot be guaranteed.

When he I hung up and called central reservations toll-free and spoke with a manager. They informed me that the hotel was giving out incorrect information and those rooms are guaranteed if available. Now I'm cautious because of the different answers I received. As a result, I'm booking at a competitor becuase they will guarantee the room and I don't have to go through the task of dealing with a rude disrespectful front desk staff.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank DISNEYFAM1971
Reviewed September 8, 2008

This hotel was very nice. I was a little disappointed that I could not find a decent hotel in town that accept pets. The Hilton Garden Inn is has a great location for easy access to the interstate, shopping mall, restaurants, movie theater, and Darlington. The rooms are clean, comfortable and bright. I really liked the appearance of the lobby area. The set-up presented a inviting, friendly atmosphere that encourages you to sit and talk with strangers. I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank BSSpoon
Reviewed July 4, 2008

I arrived at this hotel around 10pm on our way to Disney World. My check in process was very quick but the room keys I was given didn't work so I went back down stairs and was given new keys. Went back up and tried the new keys and the new keys didn't work. So I went down to the desk again and this time the guy came up with me and tried a third set of keys. Still no good. So he said he would go back down and make us keys for another room. Those worked. It took me 30mins from the time I arrived to the time I got in my room. I wasn't overly pleased with this. Other than that the room was large, very clean, the bed was comfortable. We ate at the breakfast buffet which was $10pp extra but was pretty good.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We stayed here 2 night's for my mom's 75th birthday. Very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The location is great with many restaurants within walking distance and a mall across the street. The complimentary coffee in the morning was GREAT! Will stay there again when visiting family.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple