“Very convenient to I95 south!”

Hilton Garden Inn Florence
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were completely worn out after crawling thru southbound traffic on I-95! We used the "find hotel" app on our phone to locate this gem and checked in promptly. Everyone that we encountered here was super sweet, our room was clean and quiet. We dined in as we couldn't bear to get back in the car and although the selection was limited the food was good and service was outstanding! We also ate breakfast there and can't figure out why Hilton doesn't just add in the breakfast to the room fee! Some guests were confused that there was a charge for it as it looks very similar to the Hampton setup. The only difference is that you can order an omelette! We will definitely return on our next trip south!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with your recent stay. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay! At all Hilton Garden Inns, breakfast is provided at a nominal charge for you. We do, however, provide a Bed and Breakfast rate which is all inclusive (like that at other hotels, which offer the cost breakfast inclusive in their rate.) With this option available, we allow our guests to choose if they want to enjoy breakfast with us or they may choose our standard rate option and just pay for the room and grab breakfast on the road.

The Hilton Garden Inn Brand provides a full service breakfast experience with our buffet and our chef to make cook to order items to your preference. A good breakfast in pleasant surroundings is part of our promise to you!

I hope you will stay with us again soon! We look forward to it!

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Good hotel, as a hh diamond member this is a solid property with good management. If they could just look at your profile and get what you want right instead of a water and sending you on your way! The rooms are nice and dinner is okay. Breakfast great

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank brettholland123

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with your recent stay. It is valuable feedback such as what you have provided that allow us remain an award winning hotel.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We look forward to having you with us again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

this hotel was located where there is alot to do.You can walk to certain resturant if you don't want to drive.The mall is only 5min away from hotel.There is also a walmart that is close by,civic center is walking distance away from hotel.Francis Marion college is 20min.away and our favorite place to eat a good home cook meal Lizard Thickets.Please go and eat one night at the Red Bowl Bistro,we give this place two thumbs up!!!When we go back to Florence we will stay at this hotel again ...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Geneva W

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I thought you might be interested in my experience with the Hilton Garden Inn in Florence Sunday evening 7/13/2014. I have stayed there in the past.

While en route North on 95 I telephoned to make a reservation and while speaking with the desk clerk I was transferred to "reservations" in Dallas before I could complete my discussion with the hotel. In the process I was put on hold twice, received a number of recorded requests to make a selection, which is hard to do when driving. I was asked for my Hilton Honors number which you might appreciate I do not keep on the tip of my tongue. The polite and helpful clerk in Dallas looked it up and then asked my address which I advised surely was the same one she was looking at in her file. It was. She actually had to call the hotel which shuffled me off to Dallas in order to answer one of my questions. All in all, they need to clean up and simplify their reservation system in my view.

My stay in the hotel:
- The personnel were quite nice, polite and helpful.
- The clerk at the check-in desk should wear shoes and not walk around in socks.
- The food at dinner and breakfast as well as the service was fine.
- The process of logging in for wi-fi bordered on the ridiculous. Among other things they should fire the attorney (probably attorneys) who produced the disclaimer. Read it. No one else has. It is so long I'll bet in house counsel had to consult outside counsel.
- The floor in the restaurant was sticky to shoes (perhaps the one clerk in socks was attempting to clean the floor while shuffling around).
- The hotel was less than clean ... walls, elevators, etc.
- The chair in room 212 was worn, dirty and stained.
- The shower head in the same room was less than six feet from the shower base which at my height is an inconvenience and probably contrary to most building codes.
- The cleanliness of the room was poor. I particularly did not like the touch of having a previous occupant's socks on the floor. I did leave them behind, even though they appeared clean.

I hope that some day Hilton will improve to the level it was at when I voted to approve Hilton as a manager of hotels owned by my shareholders.

Room Tip: Stay out of 212 even if you need a handicapped room.
1  Thank Don Y
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

We appreciate your compliments and candid comments that help let us know what we're doing right and how we can improve. Your comments regarding the reservation process have been passed on and we certainly apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. We're also addressing your concerns within housekeeping and we will make any additional necessary and feasible changes and hope we can invite you back for a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed a night on the way to Florida. Right off of I-95. Had a room with two beds and a pull out couch. It was clean, comfortable, and safe. No bed bugs. Had a great night sleep. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your pleasure with your recent stay. I always say that a Perfect stay always begins with a welcoming check-in. I am happy this was the case for you.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. You can be confident that your compliment will be shared, so that my staff knows what guests enjoy.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wow. The service here was beyond. It was true "southern hospitality" and I sure hope it stays that way! On top of that, the breakfast was amazing too! The rooms were very spacious. It was overall an excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Always pleased with HGI staff and amenities! Always feel safe at their hotels when traveling alone or with children. Have stayed at locations in Washington, DC, North Carolina, and now this one in South Carolina. Have arrangements to stay at one in Baltimore in August. HGI has become my "go to" hotel when searching for places to stay when traveling!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn