“Great Pit Stop Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Pit Stop Hotel”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed a night on the way to Florida. Right off of I-95. Had a room with two beds and a pull out couch. It was clean, comfortable, and safe. No bed bugs. Had a great night sleep. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your pleasure with your recent stay. I always say that a Perfect stay always begins with a welcoming check-in. I am happy this was the case for you.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. You can be confident that your compliment will be shared, so that my staff knows what guests enjoy.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wow. The service here was beyond. It was true "southern hospitality" and I sure hope it stays that way! On top of that, the breakfast was amazing too! The rooms were very spacious. It was overall an excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts.
Portsmouth, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Always pleased with HGI staff and amenities! Always feel safe at their hotels when traveling alone or with children. Have stayed at locations in Washington, DC, North Carolina, and now this one in South Carolina. Have arrangements to stay at one in Baltimore in August. HGI has become my "go to" hotel when searching for places to stay when traveling!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We look forward to having you with us again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Great staff, clean & comfortable rooms. Breakfast was hot and/or fresh and the full dinner that I had in the restaurant was pretty good although the shrimp cocktail didn't seem fresh. Wifi connection was lame, just as it was at the Hampton Inn near I-95. This side of town seemed to have more choices to eat and hang out. OK, now I'm just going to babble since for some stupid reason TripAdvisor is requiring me to write a review with at least 200 characters!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here! I want to personally apologize for your inconvenience. Our Internet is on a 25M fiber circuit which is the fastest in the area. We usually have compliments on the speed of our Internet, so I will be sure to have Time Warner check to see if there are any problems with their service, thank you for making me aware. A fast, reliable internet connection is a must for today's travelers. I am sorry if that was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns. Please stay with us again in the future so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2014

On a recent trip north from Florida to NY we decided to stay at this hotel. Upon checking in I was quoted a price and then asked for a handicap room and was told it would be $25+ more. I asked why and was told that it was a larger room. Since this was a Saturday night, they also refused to honor my AARP discount. Seems they only had 26 rooms left? This was a first for us in all the years of using AARP..

We stayed in a regular room, where there was very little room for my wife's wheel chair and it was very hard to maneuver. Since this was not a handicap equipped room, the bathroom was not equipped for a handicap person (no grab bars) and caused her additional discomfort and pain to use it.

I did check out the more expensive room and it also did not have a handicap bath, so I'm not sure what made it handicap.

Since we checked in late, the next morning at check out I complained, to pretty much deft ears.

Since we are new at this whole world of the handicapped, I was shocked at the lack of concern or desire to accommodate. This is 2014 isn't it? Maybe Saturday's are keep the handicapped and seniors away night!

Seems that this Hilton doesn't want the handicapped or AARP guests so I would stay away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ricky G
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. OUr handicapped rooms are priced exactly the same as all of our other rooms. I am unsure why there was confusion as to it being $25 more. We value our guests and would never charge an upcharge for an accessible room. We do provide accessible roll-in showers and tubs that vary from room to room. I am sorry that a tub was not available that night. AARP rate is given based on availibility. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Brandon, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This property is clean comfortable and the setting provides a quiet nights sleep. Upon arrival we were accustomed to the fresh cookie offerings in the lobby but this one provided a bit of a twist with brownie cut cookie squares.
Restaurant is on property but limited in variety and falling short on quality of dining choices. I would eat before arriving or go out locally even if I was tired of driving.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with your recent stay. It is valuable feedback such as what you have provided that allow us remain an award winning hotel. Our Welcome Bars are a new addition to the Hilton Garden Inn Brand. It our signature treat as you check-in!
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nicely appointed rooms. Elevators. Electric car charging stations in parking lot. A great hotel to choose from those on I-95 in Florence, SC. Very nice lobby area. We were only there one overnight, travelling from up north.

Room Tip: Very accommodating staff