“Helpful Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Florence
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I can't say enough about how wonderful the front desk staff were. The hotel appeared to be overbooked but the staff found us a room. They sent a staff person upstairs to confirm it was clean. And it was. The staff helped a tired family have a pleasant evening and a great night's sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your pleasure with your recent stay. I always say that a Perfect stay always begins with a welcoming check-in. I am happy this was the case for you.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. You can be confident that your compliment will be shared, so that my staff knows what guests enjoy.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I travel a lot and spend many nights in Hilton properties. They are in most cases cleaner, nicer and have better beds. I especially like the HGI king beds and HGI properties.

That being said. This property was very disappointing. First of all they do not give AAA rates Monday through Wednesday. I could live with that for one night after driving all day.

When I reserved the room, I requested the top floor because it is usually quietest. When I arrived the person at the desk said they had me reserved in room 200 which is very loud next to the hvac unit. He upgraded me to a room on the 4th floor that would be quieter. He was very professional and represented the company well. No issue with the front desk people.

I arrived at my room to find it was somewhat clean but not as clean as they usually are but good enough. I just drove all day long. I then went to the lobby to get dinner. That was a mistake. I noticed that the staff appeared to be in disarray and it may be better to go across the street to eat so I did. Lone Star had excellent food.

I got back to my room and when I was getting cleaned up noticed the water coming out of the sink was brown. It is probably town water and probably tannin in the water so should be harmless. A large hotel like this that takes in a huge sum of money daily can afford water treatment and they should get something.

I then went to bed and noticed the lamp shade deteriorated and the bed sagged and was horribly uncomfortable. I am very familiar with these beds having spent probably 30 days in a HGI in the past two years to know this bed was old, broken and needed to be replaced. Usually these beds are excellent and have good support but this one sagged horribly. Needless to say, very little sleep.

To sum it up. this hotel lacks adequate quality control. Who is checking these rooms? It was not very clean, bed needs to be replaced, shade needed replacement and water was brown. The bed was the biggest deal as I was tired and still got very little sleep. Normally I would ask for a different room or notified the manager but again...was too tired last night and worse this morning.

Horrible stay!

Room Tip: Check your room and bed before you accept it.
1  Thank KAMUSA
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a frequent Hilton guest, you are our most valued guest. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Top notch and quality second to none,well pleased for a town of Florence's size.Will definitely look for Hilton Inns in other places i go. The inviting warmth from the front entrance to the fresh smell throughout the walk ways and hall ways of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with your recent stay. I am glad that the team here treated you well and the atmosphere we provided exceeded your expectations! It is valuable feedback such as what you have provided that allow us remain an award winning hotel.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We look forward to having you with us again soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location and is very nice. Convenient to I-95 and I-20 interstates but no road noise. It is also near many good restaurant choices. The staff was friendly and the decor is very comfortable.

1  Thank Amy B
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

I appreciate your recent review of our hotel. I am so glad you noticed the new decor in our Updated Lobby. We are still in the process of getting a few more pieces in and it will be a wonderful place to network, hang-out or just relax. Please stay again soon so that you can experience the new Hilton Garden Inn Lobby!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Highly recommend this hotel. Staff is excellent. The rooms are spacious and clean!! Conference rooms are equipped with projectors. Easy to set up for presentations. The breakfast is awesome, I highly recommend the omelets.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for the positive review! I am glad to see that your stay with us was enjoyable and convenient. Yes each of our meeting rooms have built in projectors and speakers for your ease if use. We feel that an ultimate built in A/V in each of the rooms would greatly benefit many guest traveling for business. I hope you will come back soon!!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Our 3rd stay at this HGI -- still good but with some downsides ...

Pros:
- convenience to I-95, restaurants, large mall
- large, clean rooms with good water pressure, soft linens, keurig coffee/tea maker
- quality breakfast buffet with cooked-to-order eggs, omelettes, pancakes, french toast

Cons:
- lumpy mattresses that ran hot
- noisy HVAC
- hallway noise from other guests

Room Tip: An odd-numbered room away from the elevators and on an upper floor may be quietest. Book early and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. The whole crew in the restaurant do work very hard and take pride in the food they prepare. Each of our mattresses have our Garden Sleep System within them. Each side is adjustable for each individual so that you can adjust your side to be as firm or soft as you want. At any rate, we will be sure to check the room you were in to ensure no other guests have such a problem!! Thank you for noticing and staying with us and I hope you come back and stay with us soon!!!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It has an upscale feel but is very reasonably priced. The rooms are clean, roomy, and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located about two minutes from the I-95 exit.
Breakfast is NOT included but at around $9 is still not any more than you might spend elsewhere. There were lots of choices including cooked to order Omelets and they were delicious! The staff at breakfast were extremely gracious and made sure we had a great meal.
I plan to stay here again on my way down I-95

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Next time you stay, be sure to book the bed and breakfast rate. This includes breakfast for 2 and each additional person is only $5. We look forward to having you again with us!