“A Great Overnight Stop”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Silver Spring, Maryland
“A Great Overnight Stop”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We drove to FL this year at Spring Break, Florence was the halfway mark and this location had plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotels, as other reviewers have noted. I wanted to stick with Hilton to max our points since our hotel in FL was also a Hilton so I went with the Garden Inn because we were able to get their Bed & Breakfast rate and it worked out to the same price as the Hampton next door. Also the Garden Inn had an indoor pool and hot tub for the kids and us to relax after a long day in the car. The Beds were very comfortable and the pillows were soft like clouds, of course everything in the room was fresh and clean. The breakfast was wonderful as was the service, I had an omelet made to order, my husband had one of the hearty specials that came with grits, and the kids had french toast. We were fueled up, rested up and ready to get back on the road to FL.
I really appreciate all the hard work the hotel staff put in to take care of their guests here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly Staff, great Location, nice rooms, always clean, Great Breakfast in the Great American Grill,, waitresses always prompt, several restaurants near by if you like to go out, always my #1 choice in Florence

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Larry K
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel was far and beyond my expectations. I'm not traditionally a Hilton traveler, but this hotel was great. From bottled water at check in, to cookies in the afternoon there were some great little extras. The beds are unique in that they have a device which allows you to select your softness, its a bit hard to find, but I was glad to find this. The setup of the bathroom was a bit odd with the door opening outwards blocking the door to the hallway, but its not that big of a deal to me. Shower pressure was good, and the terry was in great condition. Breakfast is not included, but for $8.75 (including tax) there is a buffet available downstairs, complete with made to order pancakes and omelets. There are a number of restaurants in the area including Mellow Mushroom, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chilis, and Waffle House. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank outlawin51
Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Location convenient, hotel lobby nice, clean. The bed was hard like a rock. I checked to see if there was actually a mattress it was so hard. I might as well have been on the floor. If someone would have dove onto the bed, they would have injured themselves! I usually am not critical of places but this hotel needs to invest in better beds!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
ChadPatterson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the bed was not where it makes you comfortable. Our adjustable beds we provide in every rooms are there for the guests to adjust for their own personal comfort. This way you can make it as hard or soft as you wish. I am sorry if that was not explained fully at check-in.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, of the highest quality and in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others aren't as disappointed as you were. We strive for our guests to have a hospitable staff who are empathetic to each of their concerns. Obviously, this was not the case, and for that I am truly sorry.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean, convenient and close to many restaurants. This was a stop-over stay on our way to Florida. The hotel was clean, quiet, close to the interstate and restaurants. When traveling through again, we would be likely to stay here again. Service was good, but not great, value was going rate for the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Had to be in Florence for a family function and chose to stay here. This property is a typical HGI and lives up well to the standards. It is right off I95 and is very close to the convention center and many restaurants. If you have to be in Florence, you can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Traveling down I-95, tired, grumpy, hungry, we stopped in Florence, SC. We happened upon the Hilton Garden Inn, based on the Hilton name.
It lives up to my expectations.
They front desk was courteous, efficient, accommodating.
We were welcomed with much appreciated bottles of water.
And a very large hotel room!
Free wifi.