“Nice and clean, but very noisy.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Florence

Hilton Garden Inn Florence
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Florence
“Nice and clean, but very noisy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

There was a couple yelling at the top of there lungs on one side, but i could hear a little kid talking normally on the other side. It sounded like the kid was hiding behind my headboard! I didn't get much sleep. I'm a big fan if Hilton, but not this one.

1 Thank TJ H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Killingworth, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very friendly, clean hotel. Staff was superb. Rooms and general public areas always clean. Breakfast was above and beyond what we were expecting and the price was more than fair, If we ever pass this way again we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at this location in January 2013. My wife and I enjoyed our stay there. The staff was great. The lobby was very nice and inviting. The business center was nice and well kept. The bed was very good considering the other hotels we have stayed. It didn't feel like I slept on the floor when I got up! I recommend this place for business or family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here a week for business in May 2012. This hotel is awesome. Excellent service and fantastic rooms. The morning breakfast buffet is excellent as there is a large variety and all fresh. If you stay here you will not be disappointed and I don't foresee every having to go back to Florence, SC but if I ever do then there is no doubt that I will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: My only tip is to book this place. You won't go wrong.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank brownspare
Narberth, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a well-run hotel that achieves everything a 4 star hotel should. The staff is friendly and efficient. The rooms and bathrooms are good sized. There is even a sleep number mattress. The in-house restaurant has a good menu and well-prepared food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank larryderm
Fairfield, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here in November 2012 for a few days while in the area for work. There are quite a few places to stay in the area, but nothing that I would normally choose if I were on vacation. The room I stayed in was pretty basic. No frills, but it served its purpose, and since I was here to work and not on vacation, the room suited me just fine.

The positives:
- Convenient location – near shopping, many restaurants, and across the way from the mall
- Spacious rooms – not that I needed the space
- Clean room/bathroom
- Nice lobby

The negatives:
- Shower water pressure was way too strong.
- AC/heating unit was really loud. It was too cold at night to leave the heater off, but the heater was too loud to fall asleep easily with it on.
- The coffee was bitter (tasted burnt).
- The pastries from the (not free) breakfast bar were dry.

The neutrals:
- Bed comfort was ok. I certainly prefer my own bed, but it wasn’t terrible.
- Breakfast is $7.95 regardless of how much or little you eat, so if you want a light breakfast (just cup of yogurt or fruit), buy it elsewhere and keep it in the mini fridge.
- Décor in the room was . . . meh. I was here for work, so I didn’t care too much. A little drab for if I was on vacation though.
- No kitchenette (just a microwave, coffee maker, and mini fridge). Not a big deal for a few days, but as I was scheduled to be in the area for two weeks I moved over to the Residence Inn so I could cook a few meals instead of eating out all the time.
- The staff was courteous, but as they are in the hotel industry I expect that.

Overall, the Hilton Garden Inn is not a bad place, but it’s not a great place either. I don’t think I’ll be back in the area, but I probably wouldn’t stay here again if I had to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hudson, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here on our way through SC on our way to FL and were very impressed. You could still smell the fresh paint in the rooms. The room was immaculate, and much bigger than we anticipated. The beds were very comfortable, and though we didn't have the breakfast it looked and smelled fabulous and was at a very reasonable price. Would definitely (and will next week on our way back through) stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family