I stayed here in November 2012 for a few days while in the area for work. There are quite a few places to stay in the area, but nothing that I would normally choose if I were on vacation. The room I stayed in was pretty basic. No frills, but it served its purpose, and since I was here to work and not on vacation, the room suited me just fine.
- Convenient location – near shopping, many restaurants, and across the way from the mall
- Spacious rooms – not that I needed the space
- Clean room/bathroom
- Nice lobby
- Shower water pressure was way too strong.
- AC/heating unit was really loud. It was too cold at night to leave the heater off, but the heater was too loud to fall asleep easily with it on.
- The coffee was bitter (tasted burnt).
- The pastries from the (not free) breakfast bar were dry.
- Bed comfort was ok. I certainly prefer my own bed, but it wasn’t terrible.
- Breakfast is $7.95 regardless of how much or little you eat, so if you want a light breakfast (just cup of yogurt or fruit), buy it elsewhere and keep it in the mini fridge.
- Décor in the room was . . . meh. I was here for work, so I didn’t care too much. A little drab for if I was on vacation though.
- No kitchenette (just a microwave, coffee maker, and mini fridge). Not a big deal for a few days, but as I was scheduled to be in the area for two weeks I moved over to the Residence Inn so I could cook a few meals instead of eating out all the time.
- The staff was courteous, but as they are in the hotel industry I expect that.
Overall, the Hilton Garden Inn is not a bad place, but it’s not a great place either. I don’t think I’ll be back in the area, but I probably wouldn’t stay here again if I had to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located at the intersection of I-95 and I-20 near the Magnolia Mall, Florence Civic Center and Swamp Fox Cinema. Also in the immediate area are a variety of restaurants and other shopping venues.Our free, 24 hour business center offers guests complimentary copy, fax, secure remote printing and computer processing equipment. Our property has 186 well designed guest rooms with an oversized work desk and ergonomic Mirra chair by Herman Miller, plus complimentary wireless, and wired high speed internet access. In addition, each room offers a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.You will appreciate our comfortably casual restaurant, The Garden Grill & Bar. We offer breakfast and dinner service plus nightly room service. Our Pavilion Pantry carries a variety of microwavable foods, snacks and sundries and is conveniently located near the front desk. Other features include a saltwater indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness room. Valet and guest laundry are also available. Hilton Garden Inn Florence is glad to offer our guests Electric Vehicle Charging Stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Florence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Florence Hotel Florence
- Florence Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Florence