“Best thing you'll get in Florence”

Hilton Garden Inn Florence
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Hampton next door and would suggest you choose the Hilton Garden Inn. The Hampton is out dated and not much less than the HGI. The Hilton is nice clean and you can walk to Chili's or Olive Garden. The rooms were done well and the internet was pretty fast as hotels go that is.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HGI_Florence, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appriciate the feedback. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Melissa Banks, Director of Sales

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is located next to the convention center, a small mall, and several restaurants.
I did not try the inhouse restaurant since I travel alone and like to sit at the bar. The bar only has 5 chairs and is a bit tight.

Hotel is clean and well maintained, staff are helpful and friendly.
Rooms are typical of this chain, clean and comfortable except the bed which seemed harder! than other HGIs.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay.
I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to have your evening meal with us. You should give it a try the next time. Upon you return, also ask any associate how to operate our Garden Sleep System adjustable beds. I'm sure we can find the right setting for you. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Melissa Banks, Director of Sales

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on the way to Florida. It’s a standard hotel that is very clean with friendly staff. One standout aspect is that there are a lot of stores within a mile radius (i.e. Target, Ihop, Best Buy, Mall).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stopped on our way to Florida. Hotel was right off I95, very convenient. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Also lots of stores. Hotel staff was gracious and accommodating. Room was large enough, even had a microwave and fridge. The bed was comfortable and everything was very clean. Breakfast cooked to order, all you could eat for $7.95 in their restaurant-well worth it.would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2012

So far we've stopped at this hotel twice on our way to Disney from NY. The staff is always nice, the rooms have been clean and comfortable and the hotel has been quite. It is close to everything you would need, gas, food and shopping. Granted it's only been a one night stay for us on our way to Disney World but we haven't been disappointed yet. If we continue to make the drive on our vacations to Disney we will continue to stop and stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Flip4nyr
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We picked this hotel because we wanted an on-site restaurant for my elderly mother. The front desk was friendly and the lobby very impressive. The handicapped accessible room was spacious. The beds were good, however, they only provide one duvet covered comforter - no top sheets or extra blankets. Since I made the room warm for my mother, I roasted because I did not have just a sheet as an option. The restaurant was OK but not what I expected from a Hilton. At $142 per night, we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeena20732
HGI_Florence, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We apologize for the inconveniences that you and your mother endured while staying with us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Melissa Banks

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nothing really much to say about my stay in this hotel except that I am very pleased with it. The room size is good and it's clean and was fairly quiet. Room decor is good. The bed was comfortable to sleep in and the airconditioner is very good. The bathroom is decently sized and clean and amply supplied with towels and toiletries. WiFi service is good but not fast enough for me. The hotel lobby is sectioned into different seating areas with breakfast buffet close by. However, it is not free and the selection is quite limited especially for meat items considering that you have to pay for it. The only real negative thing I would like to comment on is this particular female hotel staff who was manning the front desk after 10:30 PM on October 15. I find her a bit rude when I asked for assistance regarding one of the printers in the Business Center. She said that it's not her job (that's understandable and for me it's pretty much obvious but then again where would a guest go for assistance) and that she would send somebody to help me. Her voice and way of talking was not friendly and she looked like she doesn't want to be there and doing front desk work. She was also like that to another guest who was ahead of me on the front desk. Also, nobody came to assist me...... I just waited for the other guest to finish with what his doing in the other computer (which has another printer associated with it) and I just transferred there....... still nobody came to assist me even after I was done.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business