“Loved It!”

Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Naples, Florida
“Loved It!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This was the second time I stayed at this Hilton in Florence, SC. The staff is professional, accommodating and friendly. Hotel room comfortable and clean. Heavenly mattress and pillows. The restaurant serves delicious food with friendly, helpful wait staff. I always look forward to staying at this reliable, excellent hotel just minutes from I-95.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Obviously people have heard about this hotel because it was packed when I stayed. It is in a good part of Florence near the highway and restaurants. Staff was friendly. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Rocknrollchica2
Mount Tremper
Reviewed May 22, 2011

My husband and I came to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn while house hunting in Florence South Carolina. We originally checked into a different hotel only to be run out by a pest infestation. After having been on the road for over fourteen hours, we wearily checked into the Hilton and were greeted with friendly and accommodating staff. They explained all of their services and all request were handled in a quick and friendly manner. The room was clean and the location of the hotel was close to everything. A 52 inch flat screen LCD television was in the room, as was a microwave and coffee pot. Neutrogena products were supplied for bathing and plenty of towels. We were tired from our long trek and decided to order room service (available until 10pm) and ordered strip steaks and for dessert fruit. The meal was tasty and reasonably priced. The beds are a "garden sleep system" an adjustable mattress topped with NZ Lamb's wool, and down pillows. Our sleep quality was wonderful, not what you normally expect from a hotel. A gaming system was also supplied. Everything you could ask for and more. Most importantly, the entire staff were wonderful representatives of this fine Inn. We will be staying with this particular HIton venue again, that is for sure!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Abingdon, MD
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Stayed here on the way down to Florida. The location is a great mid-point and the area has a lot of restaurants ranging in fast-food to sit down. This was our first time staying here, and I expected a lot for the price I paid and the fact it has the Hilton's name. Our first impression of the hotel was great. We were greeted right away and check in was very quick. As we exited the elevator to the hallway where our room is there was a very foul odor (it honestly smelled like someone had let a skunk loose!). This hotel is a non-smoking hotel, which is great for us because we don't smoke, however when I walked in my room I honestly felt like I smelled stale cigarettes. It bothered me a little, but I didn't want to be a downer and change rooms. I then noticed that the outside "smoker's lounge" was right under our window. The cigarette smoke probably just entered the vents from the AC. It didn't bother me that much where I switched my room and since I didn't have my entire suitcase in there I wasn't worried that my clothes would smell like it. Other than the stale smell, room was neat and clean, as well as the bathroom. There were a varieties of soaps, lotions they offered as well. Shower pressure was wonderful in my opinion - my husband said it may have been a little too much (which is weird, lol). Towels were plentyful and smelled nice and clean (that is one of my quirks). Bed was not as comfortable as I would have expected, and my husband agreed - we have different sleep preferences (I like soft, he likes hard beds) so when we both had a poor sleep we agreed it was the bed. Also, during the entire night there was a pipe that kept making an ungodly noise every 10 or so minutes, which aided in our poor sleep. In the morning Express check out is a breeze, just pack up, leave your key and your on your way. Didn't eat at the restaurant (we went to Firehouse Subs across the way - YUM!!). All in all, stay was just okay and would have stayed there again on the way back if there wasn't a large amount of other places to choose from with a better value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth B
Pageland, South Carolina
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I have stayed at countless Hilton branded properties, but this HGI is one of the best out there. I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions. Each time I visited I booked a different type of room (standard, larger, and a suite). All of the rooms are very spacious, and in excellent condition. The hotel is located in a great location near numerous restaurants and entertainment options. The hotel restaurant is great, and the bar down stairs is a great place to grab a quick drink. The staff at the hotel is great! Each time I stayed, I was welcomed as a return guest. If traveling through SC on I-20, make sure you stop and check out this HGI. You'll be glad you did (I know I will be back soon!).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Satellite Beach,Fl
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Checked in late after NASCAR Truck race in Darlington, place was busy but had ZERO promblems,staff friendly and helpful, directed us to a number of places to eat that were very close,Olive Garden and Long Horns and Out Back, Beds were great as always in Hilton Family Hotel and jet tub was just what ya needed after a long day at the race track, room very quite had a great nights sleep.We will stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Well done Hilton Garden Inn property.

ROOM: I had a spacious KING room on the top floor. Old-tube-TV (I actually laughed out loud when I saw the TV).....but, it displayed the TV channels I wanted to see----so, no big whoop. Bathroom well done, and bed extremely comfortable. Sitting area/desk was also roomy, with free wi-fi.

STAFF: Extremely friendly----almost "to-friendly" (received a phone call about 10min into my stay from the front desk----just to check on me and make sure I was "good-2-go".

DINING: On-site restaraunt had VERY GOOD food, priced fair (which worked well for me---because I didn't feel like driving anymore that day). Bar hostess was the biggest AIRHEAD I had ever met. Very nice, but could not remember orders, forgot to pick up orders, mixed up the bill of everyone sitting at the bar.....delivered main course before appetizer.....just hi-larious. But, forgave her space'e'ness, and enjoyed my meal. For those that choose to dine off property----there is every dining choice you can imagine---within 1 mile of property (including huge mall).

POOL/FITNESS CENTER: Did not utilize (to tired), but, walked around to inspect it---and, both areas were well maintained and new equipment.

Overall, I would stay here again. You can definately find more slightly more affordable properties in the area, and one's that include breakfast (this property does NOT include breakfast in the room rates).....possibly a reason this property had more couples and business types (I saw no screaming kids anywhere). But, other than no free breakfast, this hotel is an outstanding value and a wonderful stop on I-95 for the night, or for business in Florence.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business