“good down home southern bbq”
Review of Roger's BBQ

Roger's BBQ
Ranked #45 of 263 Restaurants in Florence
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I'm a frequent visitor of Roger's whenever visiting my husband's home town. The bbq is unlike any I've ever tasted. It has a peppery flavor that I love. It is lean and moist as well. Roger's is a buffet so there is plenty of food to go along with it. The collard greens are delicious as is the seafood selections on Friday night. The building is a bit run down with no atmosphere. But, if you are in Florence, go by Roger's for good food at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Billswife87

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Food was great until we saw a huge cockroach run across the table. Told the waitress and she saw it and acted like it was no big deal. Won't go back there.

2  Thank 996darlene
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Everyone is giving this restaurant high ratings but I don't get it. Maybe it recently took a downwards sprial and the high reviews are from the past. I don't know. However, the food I had was gross!! The pulled pork was the spiciest I've ever had. It was a biting spice. It wasn't even a nice blend of spices. My mouth physically hurt! The Mac and cheese wasn't Mac and cheese. It was macaroni with pepper(I couldn't tell but it looked like black pepper flakes) layered together with cheese. The cheese wasn't mixed or stirred in at all. The fried chicken had no flavor, either that or my mouth was so burnt from the pork that I couldn't taste it. Should have taken some of the spices out of the pulled pork and put it in the chicken. Plus the chicken breading was hard and flaked off. It was messing. The sweet tea was good tho! All in all, unless you want to drink $10.99 worth of sweet tea and eat nothing, don't bother going here.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went there earlier tonight. Turned out it is a buffet but also has a menu When I asked what was the difference the girl said the only thing that is on the menu and not on the buffet is chicken fingers and fries. The buffet has no labels on the items I tried what I thought was pulled pork with barbecue sauce. It turned out to be pork with hot sauce. The carolina pulled pork was marginally ok. Pretty bland. The fried chicken was flavorless. The rolls were dried out and crumbling in the serving tray. The hush puppies were the size of marbles and tasteless. Funny thing the people that ordered takeout (separate entrance same building) the staff takes a takeout container and fills it from the picked though stuff on the buffet.so the buffet customers compete with the takeout. The collard greens were canned and mush. Some of the other stuff on the buffet I was afraid to try. Didn't even try the dessert. They had strawberry shortcake make it your self, pudding and hard ice cream. It was pretty much picked through. Instead of putting a small amount out and replacing it regularly they put a large tray of canned strawberries, whipped cream, and shortcakes - it was a mess.. Several small kids had their hands in the ice cream trying to scoop it out. Finally walked I had enough. The place had mixed crowd of families and couples probably due to the cheap cost for all you can eat. Passed over two other places due to Google reviews should have checked here first before going there..

1  Thank MRT369
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Food was not tasty or fresh. Service was wonderful. Not many choices for BBQ or seafood on buffet even though that's what it's known for. The only seafood was shrimp & grits (and the shrimp were minuscule!)