“Food wasn't good, service (not the waitress) very poor”
Review of Long Grain Cafe

Long Grain Cafe
Ranked #22 of 279 Restaurants in Florence
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've eaten at Long Grain several times before and each time it seems the place is getting a little worse. The last time I was there, we found a hair in the food and they wouldn't replace the food. This time, after getting our order for white rice instead of fried rice wrong, they brought out the white rice and came back a few minutes later at the manager's request to scrape the fried rice off the plate. I know why they do this - so customers don't lodge faulty complaints and end up with extra food. I get it. But this complaint wasn't faulty and clearly not caused by our end so the rice scraping, in my opinion, was just bad form. Second, I think the white sauce was bad (as in spoiled). I ended up paying over 20 bucks for two people for a bad meal with bad service and being hungry two hours later. In addition, when we got to the register to pay our bill, we had to wait an excessively long time while everyone with cards were charged because they didn't have change and/or couldn't open the drawer.

It really sucks because, as I said, I have been here before and I know they can do better. They would really do best to focus on getting orders right, cashing out, and making sure the food isn't spoiled or dirty moreso than whether or not someone is getting some extra rice that they didn't even order in the first place.

I can't say I'll be willing to give this place yet another chance as I've already done this the last two times. Unless I'm dragged there, I don't see myself eating here again.

1  Thank laughingman2014

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

We stopped for breakfast on our way home from Myrtle Beach and I’m glad we did. I had the California Eggs Benedict and it was very good. My husband went out on a limb (for us northerners) and got shrimp and grits. They were delicious. I’ve never had grits I liked in my life but these were good. The restaurant isn’t much to look at but the food is excellent.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

The meals are large, so you may want to split a meal. I was there for a late breakfast. I have been there before for lunching it was wonderful.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Conveniently located near the hospital, Long Grains has the best grits I’ve eaten outside of home. Breakfast was absolutely delicious!! Coffee was really good too!!

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

I am so happy they are back open after they got hit by a car. The breakfast is good, people better, and the prices are the best in town. Cya Saturday y'all.