“Don't waste your time”
Review of Sonic Drive-In

Sonic Drive-In
Ranked #155 of 279 Restaurants in Florence
Description: Experience unique, drive-in dining with made-to-order food and more than 1.3 million drink combinations.
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I normally don't have bad service from Sonic, it's your typical fast food place. This time however, was a disaster. My brother and I went to get drinks for people who were helping clean up at my house. We had been working all day and wanted a drink. We ordered 7 route 44 drinks. We ordered a coke, and after she told us what the total was, she came back and said we're out of coke, is that ok? and then hung up. So we rang the buzzer again. Someone came back on and we asked if they had coke & they said no, so we said that we'd just take a route 44 cup of ice and no coke. They were so confused over this, so they came out to the car to get things straight. We got our new total, and the girl brought out the drinks. We were short a straw, so she went back to get the straw for us. We pulled out of the spot & got onto the road, only to realize we only had 6 of the 7 cups. We turned around, went back to the same parking spot and rang the buzzer. Told them that we were short a drink and what it was and they immediately brought it out. It's like they realized that it was left off and didn't even try to flag us down or anything... I probably will go back to Sonic again, but not to this one.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Stopped in for evening milk shakes with the kids. We were there during the half price time which makes it a good deal. However, when they delivered the drinks the bill was overcharged several dollars. I mentioned to the server and explained to her the problem. She said she would have to get the manager. When he came out, I explained to him why our bill was being over charged. He tried to talk around it a couple of times and then after several minutes told our server to refund the overcharge. And when he told her, he told her the exact amount we were being over charged and claimed it was a computer problem but they couldn't fix it until the manager came in the next day. Sounded like they knew they were overcharging all along.

It is drive across town but the Sonic on Palmetto St. may be a more trustworthy place to do business.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

We haven't been to the Sonic in a while so we pulled in an ordered a foot long hot dog, corn dog and raspberry ice tea. Our food arrived quickly along with a good supply of condiments. The food was hot and tasted good. The tea was very good. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the servers with roller skates with their trays of food. Good fast food, good atmosphere.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

Sonic is a drive in restaurant and looks like one from the fifties in the Jetsons style. I wanted to feel the experience how it was like to eat in a drive in like this. You can order from the menu which is hanging next to the drivers window. They have all kinds of burgers, hotdogs, boneless wings or sandwiches. You also can pay at the menu with your credit card. After a short while they bring your order to your car. I had the Bacon Cheeseburger Toaster. That was great. What a fun experience!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at Sonic last night for cherry limeades. They were busy but moved us through the drive thru line pretty quickly. Limeades were very good!

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Sonic Drive-In? Share your experiences!