“Road trip OASIS”

Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Florence
North Hampton
“Road trip OASIS”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

On a family road trip from NH to Florida and back, we stopped here on our return. Wow, everything was so well done. The renovation was so attentive to the building's historic architectural details, and coupled with stylish up to the minute touches. The beds were comfortable and our breakfast at their bistro was delicious. What a find! Will stop here again!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank 02539
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence and Victor's Bistro with others. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel. Victor's Bistro is one of the best places to get breakfast in the morning. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next trip down South.

Kelly Schlitter, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Covington, Ohio
Reviewed March 19, 2014

When traveling to Florence on business our group usually stays at the Residence Inn, which I also highly recommend. But unfortunately the Residence Inn as well as other chain hotels in the area were all sold out. Based on a recommendation from a reputable source we tried the Florence Inn. From the moment we entered the lobby everyone was very impressed. The room was nicely appointed and exceptionally clean. We arrived late and had already eaten.....but had the opportunity to try Victor's Bistro for breakfast. The food was very good and reasonably priced. We were all glad we booked at the Florence Inn and look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence and Victor's Bistro with others. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next trip to Florence.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stumbled on this hotel online because we needed to stay one night in Florence. What a gorgeous, modern hotel. The restaurant is cozy, delicious food and loved it! The rooms are super comfortable. The staff is very nice. They are renovating downtown Florence and I hope it works because this gem of a hotel is really wonderful! Great decor and attention to detail.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has windows, some do not.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank allisoncdm
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence and Victor's Bistro with others. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel and restaurant. The reinitialization project happening downtown is very exciting and we are so happy to be part of it. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next trip to Florence.

Southampton new york
Reviewed March 16, 2014

What a splendid surprise! The room, the restaurant!!!!! Lovely old building that is lovingly restored. Wish there were more like this. Don't pass this by on your way North or going South. Easy drive off 95. Worth seeking out. You will love this gem!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, March 17, 2014

North Carolina
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Spent last night at the Hotel Florence as a result of the "chain" hotels in town being "sold out." I travel often for business and had to be here so I took a chance on Hotel Florence.

I arrived in Florence as night fell...following the GPS directions...and must say the drive in gave me pause. I wouldn't consider this a "scenic tour" of Florence and this is the only reason I've rated this property as VERY GOOD (otherwise it would have rated EXCELLENT). It's in the downtown area, and as is with most older downtown areas, there are many empty store fronts and the area has fallen into a bit of disrepair.

I was incredibly, pleasantly surprised & delighted by what I found inside!!! My welcome from the staff was as warm & genuine as it could be. I could hear the live piano music coming from Victor's Bistro. Went up to my room to deposit my luggage and again...delightful surprise! King bed with lovely pillows and linens - I could hardly wait to climb into bed. Refrigerator; Keurig coffeemaker, bottled water, Gilcrest & Soames products & soaps, bathrobe, fluffy towels mounted flat screen TV on the wall, iPod docking station.

I ventured downstairs to Victor's and again was warmly welcomed. Decided to have a light dinner at the bar but noted all around me the "locals" enjoying their dinner at tables with crisp white tablecloths & linens & fresh flowers everywhere. I had a couple of excellent glasses of malbec, wedge salad and one of the largest & best artisanal cheese trays I've ever had. How in the world they sliced that walnut, I will never know but it was fab!

Returning to my room it took me a minute to figure out how (and where) the air conditioner was controlled but I had a comfy, restful night's sleep (loved the bed). It's always a bit difficult for me to actually rest in a strange bed but that wasn't the case last night!

The hotel has been converted from a block of former retail stores...hardware store, bank & jewelry store. The floors appear to be original in many areas and are expertly preserved. You'll see exposed brick on many walls. The bathrooms are completely updated and everything is spotlessly clean!

The hotel has an affiliation with the Marriott chain...so you are able to earn reward points.

Although my first visit was an accident...this will be my first, and only, choice for future trips. In fact, I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank GypsyAtLast
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence and Victor's Bistro with others. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel. Thank you for the complements of our staff we will be sure to pass them along. Although three of our local sister properties are Marriott franchises, Hotel Florence does not have any affiliation to Marriott. Hotel Florence is a proud member of the Ascend Collection, the boutique line of hotels under Choice Hotels. Hotel Florence guests are eligible for Choice Privilege points under the Choice membership program. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Florence.

Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Florence Hotel came to us as a recommendation from our neighbors for a nice, clean hotel to stay at in SC for one night as we made our drive down to Orlando. Boy were we pleasantly surprised! This place is amazing!! Immaculately detailed, very clean, and elegantly decorated, it's like walking into a Restoration Hardware store…with friendlier people in it.

First off, our welcome was really pleasant, the staff at the front desk were very inviting and friendly and that Southern hospitality was so evident. Our room wasn't ready quite yet but we only had to wait for about 15 minutes and the reception area's lounge sofas and flat screen TVs more than made up for the wait, especially for the kids.
We made our way upstairs with our luggage cart (which we were allowed to keep outside our room overnight for our use again the next morning).

Our room was very clean, everything seemed either recently renovated or it's always been that way. Pillows and beds were soooo fluffy and comfortable. The bathroom with its chrome and ceramic fixtures gleamed and smelled clean. Lots of different-sized fluffy, white towels on the rack, a bathrobe next to the shower, every detail well thought out. Carpeting in the room was also spotless. Chair and desk were clean as well. Can't tell you how many places I've stayed at where the furniture looks scuzzy and neglected. Free WiFi in the room was fast and responsive.

I ventured out for a while to take pictures of the place and it was just a delight. Every little detail at the Florence is well planned out. Lots of beautiful wood everywhere, wrought iron details, shiny chrome, pine wood floors and every time I saw housekeeping cleaning a room, the vacuum cleaner was going and you could smell the cleaning agents down the hall. Next to the reading/lounge area by the stairs, is a table with fresh lemonade, plastic cups and grapes. My kids kept munching on the grapes all night!

I didn't try the gym or the business lounge but they both look updated and clean as well.

The hotel's restaurant, Victor's Bistro, is fairly priced and the food sublime. Even my 8-year-old commented on how good her meal was! I had the best risotto and grilled salmon I'd ever tasted.

Overall, our stay was more than pleasant and we were sorry to have to leave so soon. On our drive back up north we wanted to stay here again but, time wise, it just wasn't meant to be.

I can't say enough about the Hotel Florence, its staff and its wonderful amenities. We will stay here anytime we find ourselves down this way and we will recommend it over and over. In fact, the only negative thing I have to say about the hotel is that it's too far from us! I wish we lived closer so we could stay here more often!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JessterH
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence and Victor's Bistro with others. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel. Thank you for the complements of our staff we will be sure to pass them along. Victor's Bistro is a wonderful restaurant and great for families as well. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next trip to Florence.

Orangeburg, SC
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have been privileged to stay in some of the finest hotels in this country. I have stayed in 5 star, 4 star, and 3 star hotels throughout the country. After my recent stay in the Hotel Florence, in Florence, South Carolina, I must say that this Hotel ranks as one of the best hotels I have ever stayed. The hotel has a certain European charm that is rare among hotels in this country. The rooms are spacious and beautifully furnished. The lobby and open spaces are extremely well designed and comfortable. The hotel is located in a picturesque section of downtown Florence. This hotel could easily be classified as a 5 star boutique hotel. A must stay for anyone seeking a delightful and unique hotel experience. A truly romantic and charming hotel in the "Magic City."

Room Tip: The one bedroom corner suites are wonderful! The suites are filled with sunshine and spacious.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Pop09
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence and Victor's Bistro with others. We are so happy you enjoyed the amenities and charm of the hotel. We are very excited to be part of the revitalization of downtown and all the exciting changes taking place. We have 3 King Suites in Hotel Florence and are always a popular room. We also offer a Romantic Staycation package that includes a one night stay in the suites. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next trip to Florence.