“100th birthday celebration 4 day trip”
Review of Hotel Florence

Hotel Florence
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Atlanta, Georgia
“100th birthday celebration 4 day trip”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Awesome, from our 1st step in to the lobby to our check-out! The location in the historic district makes this location perfect, no car was required, once we parked? With the wonderful restaurant onsite all our needs were met. We travel frequently, however in Florence we always stayed at chain hotels, with a little research on Trip Advisor found this hotel, was quite a boutique experience. Could have been in New York,Chicago or California, will be our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: All rooms are different, we stayed in king suite!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are so happy you were able to celebrate with us in Florence. We are very excited to be a part of Florence's downtown revitalization project and are looking forward to the exciting changes happening downtown. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.

Director of Sales, Kelly Schlitter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

As other reviewers have said, the building is gorgeous, as are the rooms. But what really sold me on this place, is the service! Every single person you come into contact with had the most amazing personality and were so friendly and personable. If you need anything, no matter the request, it's never any trouble. I wish I would've gotten her name, but I ran into one of the housekeepers in the hall and asked for a few extra towels. She said it was no problem at all and had them promptly brought to my door. The maintainence men were even so friendly that they asked about my day when I was on the elevator with them. Finally the front desk staff. Lindsey was the absolute best! She answered every single question I had, suggested places to eat, things to do, and even menu selections from the restaurants she suggested. When the business center was out of printer ink she let me print my work documents on the other front desk computer. And I can honestly say, a smile never left her face. She was knowledgable, friendly and a wonderful representation of the hotel.

Room Tip: Front Desk takes all request into consideration, so just ask! It worked for me!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others and sharing your interaction with our staff. We have a wonderful team here at Hotel Florence. We will be sure to share all your complements to our housekeeping, maintenance, and front desk staff especially Lindsay. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you are just passing through or having an extended stay this is a wonderful spot. I pulled off 95 and couldn't take another big chain hotel. A little research pointed me to this spot. A few min. drive and I was in a fine custom hotel. The design is very clean and functional but lavish compared to a "McHotel". The Resturant and bar reminded me of some nice spots in NYC.

Take the time and explore this spot - you will have a better experience.

• Stayed October 2013
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are very excited to be a part of Florence's downtown revitalization project and are looking forward to the exciting changes happening downtown. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence.

Bethlehem, Pa
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is so very impressive. When we walked in the lobby it was unlike any hotel we have been in. It's very modern and as described gives you a boutique type experience with an uptown.

I made an online reservation which was quick and easy. We had been traveling and sightseeing in Charleston during the day so we were tired and just wanted to take showers and relax in bed. The girl at the check in desk was friendly and quick.

When the elevator doors opened on the 2nd floor I think my mouth fell open. It was beautiful. Fresh fruit water sitting by an open seating area. Beautiful wood and brick walls. Open staircase to 3rd floor. There was a nice computer area, a small workout room which had fresh towels, TV's right on the two treadmills which was a great picture. I think there was a universal there as well. I didn't use it just look in so I might no be correct on the equipment other than that there were 3 or 4 pieces.

Ok the room. Beautiful large king size bed with 5 pillows also a flat screen TV on the wall. Not all rooms have a small fridge so if you need one request a room with one. We were in room 203, it had no fridge. Our friends were in 207, they had one. There was two bottles of water in the room and also a coffee maker similar to Kurig with 3 different coffees and 1 tea.

The bathroom was large and clean. They supplied soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion, all a spa type/brand that was great. There was also one robe! The towels were fluffy and smelled so good.

I can't find one complaint about this hotel. The rate we paid was well worth it. The rooms are beautiful and in the lobby is the number 1 rated restaurant in Florence.
It's a restaurant and bar. We are here on a Saturday night stay and the bar is hopping. Can't say too much about that place yet but we will be trying it for breakfast tomorrow. So I will write a review then. I do know they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

This place is great for an overnight get away with the girls or a romantic getaway with your significant other.

The location is great for exploring the downtown Florence area. This is an awesome place!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence with others. We are so happy to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay, amenities, and staff. I will be sure to pass along your praise to our team. We are very excited to be a part of Florence's downtown revitalization project and are looking forward to all the exciting changes happening downtown. We look forward to your next visit with us at Hotel Florence and hope you will have time to dine with us at Victor's Bistro

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Florence and it far exceeded my expectations. Accommodations were fantastic and the the staff was extremely friendly. We had a delicious dinner at Victors Bistro then enjoyed the quiet evening in our modern room with one of the most comfortable beds I have come across in a hotel. It felt like staying at home. Room service in the morning had a great selection and was piping hot when it arrived. Will definitely make it my go to hotel in Florence. Go experience it for yourself, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rydemars
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, October 14, 2013

Director of Sales, Kelly Archambault
Cumming, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Florence last week and it was a very pleasant surprise. What a fantastic and beautiful place. The service was 5 Star, but the price was not. The rooms has a touch of class, reminded me of traveling in Europe. The whole place is classy, you can feel this the moment you walk in and sit in a most comfortable chair while checking in. Southern style done right
The restaurant was all I needed for the night, I sat at the bar and enjoyed some of the best food I have had in a long time. (I recommend the Ahi Tuna entree) There was a Jazz quartet playing all night that were fantastic and made the evening special.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone; Business traveler, family, couple or group of friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence and Victor's Bistro! We are truly proud to be in the center of the exciting revitalization of downtown Florence. I will be sure to pass along your praise to our team. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the live entertainment at Victor's along with their delicious menu. We look forward to serving you again soon and sharing with you all the new changes taking place downtown!

Kelly Archambault, Director of Sales
Fort Washington, Maryland, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here overnight going to and from Florida from Maryland. We chose this hotel due to previous reviews. We were not disappointed. The decor in the common areas and in the room was wonderful. Victor's Bistro, the hotel restaurant was outstanding. The food and service was perfect.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a king bed and received a generous senior discount.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kelly A, Manager at Hotel Florence, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Florence and Victor's Bistro! We are truly proud to be in the center of the exciting revitalization of downtown Florence. We look forward to serving you again soon and sharing with you all the new changes taking place downtown!

Kelly Archambault, Director of Sales