“Just average...”

Woodstone Bbq
Ranked #23 of 263 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This place is only open Thursday-Saturday. Their buffet menu is always the same. Chicken & Pastry and the fried Catfish are good. Mashed potatoes taste instant and nothing special about the Mac and cheese either. Service is okay depending on the waitress. Seems like I always get the waitresses who want to spend their time flirting with the men who are dining alone. It is a buffet but the waitresses are there to fill drinks and provide napkins, condiments, etc. When I get ignored, I make sure the tip reflects it.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Buffet restaurant. No ribs before 5 pm-after 5 pm they are not tender enough. No southern style hush puppies. Pulled pork bbq is excellent. Good variety on the buffet. Service is great,too. Worth checking out so you can draw your own conclusions. Reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Absolutely the best Pork BBQ (served in two or three ways) that I have ever eaten. They also have a buffet of many other choices of good 'ol down home country cookin for those who might not want pork. I've tried pork BBQ at many, many restaurants in South and North Carolina but none compared to this. The owners & staff are all very professional, friendly and do their best to please every customer. I am a regular customer and will continue to be.

1  Thank William S
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Woodstone is our favorite BBQ place. The food is always excellent and the staff super friendly and helpful. One of the best features is that the owner is always there keeping an eye on things. He constantly checks food temperature and quality and if something has been out too long, off it goes to be replaced by fresh. My personal favorite is the fried catfish....wait until they put it out right from the kitchen and it melts in your mouth!!!

1  Thank JTH-SC
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were driving to Florida and decided to stop here based on other reviewers recommendations. I have to admit we were very disappointed when we walked in. The restaurant itself was quite small and seemed to lack any kind of charm. The hostess greeted us and sat us down. I was also disappointed to see how few choices were on the buffet line. I resigned myself to a mediocre dinner. Wow, were we wrong. Although the choices on the buffet were limited, everything was delicious. The mac n' cheese, hushpuppies, kale, boiled cabbage, shrimp, fried chicken and pulled pork bbq were great. I've been to southern buffets before where there were a lot of choices and most of them were terrible. I haven't been to one where everything was delicious! Tea is free with the meal (which I didn't know, so my kids and husband had soda) and the whole thing for the 4 of us came to $50. I was pretty impressed! Looks are deceiving!