“Came back because it is soooo good!”
Review of Da Massimo Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Da Massimo Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is our third stop in at this wonderfully delicious restaurant. Wrote my last review of Da Massimo in November 2012. Once again traveling between NJ and Florida. We enjoyed the Mushroom Ravioli in a light red sauce accented with fresh basil and the Crab with tomato in a light wine sauce. Both dinners were exceptional. Started with a very good Caesar salad along with a nice reasonably priced Montepulcino. Ended with a nice taste of orangecello. We will be back again. Thank you Jennifer and Max keep it up.

1  Thank Michael G

Reviewed March 4, 2014

By far the most authentic Italian restaurant west of Italy, Max is doing an outstanding job with he’s girl friend and family members. I recommend any meal on the menu, you will not be disappointed. Excellent knowledge of wine and food combinations in a relaxed environment.
Highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Traveling from Atlanta to Southport N.C. and after 5 hours decided to spend the night. Googled on Hotels (Hotel Florence is the best) and they recommended Da Massimo. One block walk from the hotel, got right in and from that moment on we were delighted with the food, wait staff, and service. Homemade pasta, Caesar salad dressing, desserts, and almost everything else. Who would have thought in Florence, S.C. one would make a find like this. It's 4 miles off I-95 but would be worth it if you had to walk. In the historic district. Stay at the Florence Hotel and walk to Da Massimo's and it will remind you of Italy.

1  Thank Warren E
Reviewed January 16, 2014

There were 5 of us last night for dinner. 3 hadn't been there before...it was their first but won't be their last! I'm not going to use the "official names" of the dishes because I know I would mess up the spelling. 1 had the Spaghetti and Meatballs because he said that is how you tell if an Italian Restaurant knows what they are doing....Pasta and Meatballs homemade and he said it was great. The others meals were the Mushroom Ravioli, Veal with wine/lemon and capers with a side of pasta, Lamb (the whole shank!) with sauce and pasta and a special spinach pasta with seafood. Needless to say everyone raved about their meals. Salads were huge and dressing were wonderful. All pasta is handmade! Everything was wonderful and be ready to sit and enjoy a glass (or two) of wine and company because everything is made fresh when ordered. This won't be our last time there! A gem for Florence!

1  Thank willow466
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This time I tried a traditional lasagne and it literally melted in my mouth. I remembered the entrees were generous so I skipped the salad or an appetizer and still had trouble eating all the entree and savng room for dessert. My favorite dessert wasn't on tap this evening so I tried one of the homemade gelatos in its new shell (not a cone, really a delicious, eat every bite pastry shell). Actually after eating so much lasagne it was a better choice. I had the raspberry and my companion had the blackberry...of course I tried both and can't say one was better....I could have eaten both of them if I hadn't wanted to be a pig (maybe I should have just gotten the blackberry to go???) I love, love this place. On our way out we saw several couples enjoying the courtyard. This place deserves a much better rating that it has. No over fried food here so maybe that's the problem. It's first class food all the way from appetizer to dessert. Check out their Facebook page to see the daily menu as it changes fairly often.

1  Thank Martha G