“Get ready to wait, and the owner's a bit of a pill.”
Review of The Clay Pot Coffee Shop - CLOSED

The Clay Pot Coffee Shop
Cuisines: American, Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Clay Pot will strive to serve you local and organic products whenever possible. Clay Pot serves a healthy lunch daily Wednesday - Saturday Daily hours 7:30PM - 4:30PM Wednesday and Friday 7:30AM - 9:00PM The Clay Pot will offer a wide range hot and cold organic coffee drinks, organic teas, smoothies, a selection of breakfast, lunch and dessert specialties. A small seating area will allow for social meetings within the coffee shop. In addition to the coffee shop Clay Pot offers exhibit space to local artists on a rotating basis. Most artwork is available for purchase.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I used to go here regularly for dessert, lunch, and to pick up lunch for my office. But my encounters with the owner have been less than positive. The only time she's ever spoken to me was to tell me it get out of her way while I was trying to order. On Valentine's Day no less! She then barked at me again and told me to stay where I was when I tried to pay my bill.

It's best to call ahead for pickup, but good luck getting through. All I ever get is an odd clicking and fax noises. I asked the waiter, apparently that was the credit card machine. He said they only have one phone line for everything. Waiting is a pain because you either have to take up a whole table or stand at the end of the counter for twenty to forty-five minutes. Fifteen is the fastest I ever gotten anything.

Once they gave me the wrong number of orders (there's only one item on the lunch menu) after I waited forever. I didn't realize it until I got back to the office, so all the way back again to wait some more. I didn't get a lunch break. The owner was talking with some man while I was trying to sort things out with the staff. She went in front of me, poured herself a cup of coffee (a giant, blue plastic cup, definitely not for a customer), and walked away without ever saying a word or trying to help the staff. I kept going back because the food is very good and I like supporting local businesses, but that was just the last straw. Not only have I decided not to return, I have asked my bosses send for lunch somewhere else.

5  Thank WuggyNrlpe

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Sadly this place is only fair when it could be so much more. The owners are depending on worth or mouth and support from other downtown revitalization denizens. They really need to work on their marketing efforts if they are going to be able to make a go of it long term

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This place has some AMAZING specials!! The food is always top notch, and the atmosphere and different activities they have are FANTASTIC! A lot of personal love and dedication has been incorporated from the owners and staff.... and you can tell!!! A MUST when in Florence!

1  Thank ChadPatterson
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is the only place we will eat out at in Florence. The owner keeps a very clean restaurant. And the staff/cooks all insure a great dining experience. We eat here several times a week. The food is delicious, very healthy and we know we are getting great quality. The chicken salad is great. Never had anything that wasn't good, but the pecan pie is outstanding.

3  Thank chelsea w
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were driving up 95 around lunch and TripAdvisor steered us here. OMG! What a surprise! The Sunday special was quail with cornbread, grits and greens, all of which were delicious. The desserts were hard to choose because they are all so tempting, but the standout is the chocolate chess pie. Wow. My husband was a professional baker in a pie shop and agreed this chess pie blew the chocolate chess pie he made out of the water. We will definitely stop in whenever we are driving this way...

3  Thank Elizabeth W